• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy's suspension raises questions about disciplinary process

CelibatePimp

RR was right to say this is a fluid situation, and it's still a fluid situation. Yes there are a new set of rules in place, but let another brain dead psychopath like Ray Rice punch his gold digger female into a deep sleep on camera, and we'll have more rule changes, and improper rule application, on the way. The media will go berserk in a ratings orgasm the instant any kind of information about an NFL player harming a child or woman. There are approximately 500,000 adult male psychopaths in the United States. I think there are a few in the NFL, and there will be more on the way. This guarantees that more players will be suspended soon.

What's the answer? There is a standardized test available to identify a psychopath which can be administered effectively by a well trained psychiatrist. If the Panthers would administer this test to all players who they considering bringing into the organization it would cut down on the likelihood of ending up with a problem player. A $13,000,000 problem would be identified and not drafted. We can save ourselves from the media madness and the inevitable NFL overreaction in large part by avoiding the psychopaths.

This whole thing is absurd. NFLPA is considering suing NFL over this and they should.

I also agree with previous posters that this is a PR move and will likely get knocked down. I think maybe NFL is hoping it gets knocked down to 6 instead of 2

I just have one simple question, What the hell ever happened to the whole "domestic violence is now 6 game suspension" policy change? Where in the fug did Hardy's 10 game suspension come from?

This makes about as much sense as a judge sentencing a shoplifter to 10 years in prison when the MAX punishment is 5 years. Why 10 games? Who made this decision and who is this dictator like leader that can just punish players above what the official max punishment is?

The NFL is becoming a Wild Wild West. How can you just months ago declare the MAX punishment for domestic abuse is 6 games then you just out of nowhere punish a player 10 plus games suspension?

It was never a maximum penalty of six games. It was essentially a minimum six game sentence that could be higher depending on the circumstances. I have read that for months, but some here just kept mistakenly posting that it was a six game max.

If Hardy can he should sue Goodell and the league. This whole thing has become very unfair and ridiculous. He has lost 27 games from his career. It's not just about the money. He's set, but this is unfair. Not to mention it's screwing us once again by taking away a compensatory pick next year.

Lol

Batman you are not as smart as you think you are. Lol. Lol. Lol. See I can laugh at you too. By the way, you still have failed to show those incriminating pics that I requested in the other thread. You know the ones that only you have seen. I guess you must be the DA or something because nobody else has seen all the evidence of the severe beating that Nicole Holder received from the man that you failed to successfully prosecute.

RR was right to say this is a fluid situation, and it's still a fluid situation. Yes there are a new set of rules in place, but let another brain dead psychopath like Ray Rice punch his gold digger female into a deep sleep on camera, and we'll have more rule changes, and improper rule application, on the way. The media will go berserk in a ratings orgasm the instant any kind of information about an NFL player harming a child or woman. There are approximately 500,000 adult male psychopaths in the United States. I think there are a few in the NFL, and there will be more on the way. This guarantees that more players will be suspended soon.

What's the answer? There is a standardized test available to identify a psychopath which can be administered effectively by a well trained psychiatrist. If the Panthers would administer this test to all players who they considering bringing into the organization it would cut down on the likelihood of ending up with a problem player. A $13,000,000 problem would be identified and not drafted. We can save ourselves from the media madness and the inevitable NFL overreaction in large part by avoiding the psychopaths.

I can't tell, sarcastic posts are usually only a few words.

If I was Hardy I'll let Goodell know don't let me see you out here.

And you'd get yourself banned permanently for making a threat.

As mentioned before, he's not guaranteed reinstatement. He has to apply for it, with the commissioner.

Spitting in the face of the guy who determines whether or not you'll play again would be a remarkably ignorant move.

Archived