• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blue Moon

Jeremy Igo

• 2 weeks later...

That and Franziskaner are both world class Hefe's. They will immediately raise anyones Hefe standards.

The tough thing about Hefeweizen is it must be consumed as fresh as possible. Most imports are mishandled and kept warm, which some styles can take better than others... Not wheats.

If hefe's are your thing, try a fresh Weihenstephaner hefe or Schneider Weiss. Sierra Nevada also makes a fanstatic one in their Kellerweis.

Oh and blue moon and franziskaner are two completely different styles, blue moon is more in the style of an American wheat, lacking the banana and clove like esters associated with German hefeweizens.

Originally, Blue Moon was a Belgian witbier, but since MillerCoors took over its been stripped of any resemblance of a Belgian style.

The tough thing about Hefeweizen is it must be consumed as fresh as possible. Most imports are mishandled and kept warm, which some styles can take better than others... Not wheats.

If hefe's are your thing, try a fresh Weihenstephaner hefe or Schneider Weiss. Sierra Nevada also makes a fanstatic one in their Kellerweis.

Oh and blue moon and franziskaner are two completely different styles, blue moon is more in the style of an American wheat, lacking the banana and clove like esters associated with German hefeweizens.

Originally, Blue Moon was a Belgian witbier, but since MillerCoors took over its been stripped of any resemblance of a Belgian style.

Yeah I was quoting a guy who posted Weihenstephaner, saying that and Franzi are world class. Blue Moon is bleh. I'll be sure to give the Kellerweis a try!

Every time I drink a blue moon it reminds me of a crazy time when I use to work at a mexican restaurant.

back when I was 18 just out of highschool I went to live with my cousins in ny and got a job at this fancy mexican place.

I worked as a busboy and all the mexican kitchen workers would hand the bus boys blue moons to chug when ever we would come into the kitchen. easy job , waiters did all the annoying work all I did was bus tables , get drunk and eat peoples left over appitizers( rich people order alot and never eat it all or wrap it up so it was all mine after).

This job was crazy, all my fellow bus boys partied after work and since it was a fancy place we made up to 500 on a goodnight.

But then the rich owner sold the joint for 2 million and we were all about to lose our job in 2 weeks.

The last day on the job was the craziest, no body cared at all we were drinking sangria on the job , working half assed, even the chef made us lobster and other seafood for our break.

This is the craziest part, my bud saul and lendall seen the room where all the beers were kept unlocked and we all took cases of beer and stuffed it in our cars mostly blue moons .

After the worknight was over we made defent money and this fat chick from our job was drunk as anything after work and she wanted to throw a party at her house so me and my friends bought all the beer , the bartender brought some strong sangria and lendall some how took the jack Daniels.

I must of drank 15 blue moons alot of tequila and it was like my version of the hangover alot of crazy things went on that night not getting into details.

... hope yall enjoyed the little story, thats what I think of every time I drink a blue moon

Archived