• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gurley: Ready by training camp

Jeremy Igo

It's a no brainer if he's there at 25. Gurley is special and I'd run him hard for 4-5 years then trade him and let another team pay the big contract.

I have no issue drafting a rb early if he's a game changer. I have a big problem paying a rb big money after 4-5 years bc of the drop off.

If the Chargers move up to get a QB and other teams start getting twitchy, then it could happen. D.G does have three picks in the fifth. He may let one go to jump a few in the first to get him. Depends on how strongly they feel about him... so just a guessing game.

I'd like to have Gurley too but what makes it hard for me is the thought of missing out on an impact WR for Cam. I feel that might help the team better than Gurley could. We still have Stewart and Fozzy who aren't too shabby themselves.

What were the other durability issues? Not arguing just not aware of any lingering and nagging issues.

He missed 3 games in 2013 due to injuries.

Most of the games he missed in 2014 was due to his suspension, but he did tear his ACL at the end of the season.

And, having watched many UGA games, he wasn't used as a "hoss" RB because they knew he had a tendency towards getting banged up, so they subbed him a lot.  He only averaged 17 rushing attempts per game for his career cuz they subbed him a LOT.

"won't be there" *sits back in chair with smug grin smacked across face*

jk I've warmed up to the idea of Gurley and would be very happy if we selected him. this is a change in my tune of " NO fuging RBs IN THE FIRST" from a few months ago 

Archived