• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gurley: Ready by training camp

Jeremy Igo

Gurly at 25 maybe. Move down and give up precious draft picks, no. Gurly is not known for being durable...couple that with ACL recovery = concern. Need I remind you we already have RB in stew that's "Hell when he's well but often sick" type player.

What were the other durability issues? Not arguing just not aware of any lingering and nagging issues.

Last weekend in July.

More like August,.

I could see him taking Kugbillas bike for some of camp though. Will take some time to get back into football shape plus you don't want to throw him in at nfl speeds when coming off injury. My uninformed guess would be that he would be brought along slowly and be active at the beginning of October. But that's just me.

That still should not be a real factor in picking him. He is a rare talent.

For years huddles have said we didn't need to have two running backs chosen in the first round and would point out all of the great guys that were very productive chosen in later rounds. They went on to talk about how the position has been devalued and that no back was chosen last year. Yet Jeremy Hill who was chosen at 57 had 1100 yards and more impressively a 5.1 yard per carry. Then again Carlos Hyde was chosen 2 spots later and had 333 yards and a 4.0 average per carry.

Now we are talking trading away picks to move up in the draft for a guy with durability questions when we have a starter who we did the same thing. Drafted him In the first round despite durability concerns because he is a beast otherwise. Yeah that would be Stewart. Serious question. Could that happen again and should we be trading away picks for a guy who might have durability questions going forward or might be a beast. And if Gurley wasn't a speed demon before, how fast will he be now? We don't know.....

Would Atlanta have moved up to take Jones, if Jones were coming off ACL surgery no matter the medical report 2 weeks before the draft. He did have a foot injury but ran a 4.39 40.

If he is there at our pick then depending on who else is there he might be the BPA and worth the risk. But not to move up to get him no matter the upside, you don't move up for a gamble you move up for a sure thing or as sure as it can be. And will he have durability issues ? Again maybe so. Maybe not. An ACL is still a very serious injury and as Davis showed could cause problems down the line. We are happy Davis is here now but what about 4 years ago.

What were the other durability issues? Not arguing just not aware of any lingering and nagging issues.

he just got banged up and had to sit out games. i think a quad and an ankle or something.

i think he runs too high at times like lattimore.

the dude is an absolute beast but he didn't get THAT many carries in college and was nicked up a lot.

I could see him taking Kugbillas bike for some of camp though. Will take some time to get back into football shape plus you don't want to throw him in at nfl speeds when coming off injury. My uninformed guess would be that he would be brought along slowly and be active at the beginning of October. But that's just me.

That still should not be a real factor in picking him. He is a rare talent.

You say that like Kugbilla won't be on that bike.

Archived