• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers draft hat has been unveiled:

gettlemanjack

My son walked in wearing a flat billed hat 5 years ago and I pointed to the door. None of that punk/gang nonsense in my house. It became a big issue.

5 years later. . .he has seen the light and agrees with me. When your rich like a ball player or rapper you can afford to be stupid. When your poor that look is just going to keep you that way.

Oh. . . and GET OFF MY LAWN!

I genuinely never thought anything about a flat brim hat and age differences, etc. I've been wearing them forever and I have a huge hat collection so the thought never even occurred to me that a flat brim was associated with thugs, gangsters, etc.

This is actually quite interesting to me. Is this a regional thing or age? Because I'm 32 but everyone around me that wears hats usually goes flat brim.

I genuinely never thought anything about a flat brim hat and age differences, etc. I've been wearing them forever and I have a huge hat collection so the thought never even occurred to me that a flat brim was associated with thugs, gangsters, etc.

This is actually quite interesting to me. Is this a regional thing or age? Because I'm 32 but everyone around me that wears hats usually goes flat brim.

The cutoff seems to be somewhere in the late 20s early 30s, but I imagine it could differ on where you live regionally. All I know is that most people 30+ look down on anyone who wears flat brim hats, while most people < 30 would not be caught dead in a curved brim hat. I've even seen people fight over someone bending the brim of their hat.

My son walked in wearing a flat billed hat 5 years ago and I pointed to the door. None of that punk/gang nonsense in my house. It became a big issue.

5 years later. . .he has seen the light and agrees with me. When your rich like a ball player or rapper you can afford to be stupid. When your poor that look is just going to keep you that way.

Oh. . . and GET OFF MY LAWN!

Lol....what????

I'm 34, and rarely, if ever wear a hat anymore...but that is just retarded.

Do yall realize that every MLB player in the world wears a flat billed hat? It just takes time and patience to get the proper curve. Wear it forwards, get one that fits correctly, sweat in it, spray it with some water while wearing and let it dry and it will look just fine.

I don't think I can say I've seen a fitted hat with a flat bill

Archived