• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Proehl drops a bunch of nuggets on WFNZ 610 AM The Fan (link and summary)

gettlemanjack

I don't know.... after running a 4.35 at his pro day he might turn enough heads for someone to take a shot on him.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-usc-receiver-george-farmer-speed-pro-day-20150311-story.html

At worst he'd probably be a really good special teams gunner which is probably worth using a 7th on him because it gives you a chance to develop him while he can still justify a roster spot through ST. If not then whatever, it's a 7th. Those are shot in the dark picks anyway.

"i just want a guy who is smart and willing to learn"

"these guys out of college might be proficient at 3-4 routes...we have 40-50 routes on our route tree...15 variations of a post...you see so many more coverages in the NFL...disguising coverages...need to be able to do your pre-snap read and understand changing your route on the fly"

JamesLightFootball.com James Light @ JamesALight

14h

The amount of detail and nuance in an NFL defense is crazy. I

have Nick Saban's 2006 Dolphins playbook. Sub-package alone

is 489 pages.

I agree as well, but I don't think he's good enough to stick in that role again if more talent is added to the receiving corps.

This. He has no impact on special teams. I think the bottom of the roster WRs this year will and I think that is reflected by our free agent acquisitions.

I agree as well, but I don't think he's good enough to stick in that role again if more talent is added to the receiving corps.

With Ginn back, and I'm not discounting double dipping in the draft, I agree.

I do think that he is talented enough to bounce around the league though.

About what I would expect from a position coach. They are all wonderfull and great guys. Trouble is that depending on the draft and team cuts, half of these guys won't be here opening day. He is a good coach and just talking the company line.

Archived