• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shakeup within the organization: Mark and Jon Richardson resign

Sam Mills Fan

any time of the year would have been an odd time for this to happen.

when something doesn't happen very often it is odd. any time an odd thing happens it is an odd time for it to.

two pennies from me to you.

True, but it would have been less odd if it came at the end of the season. To resign two weeks before a new season starts is just odd.

As a practical upshot, outside of Jerry Richardson there is now no one in the organization with more power than Marty Hurney (and by extension, John Fox).

Makes me wonder if they'll name Hurney "team president".

Not so fast on that. Hurney and Fox might be unemployeed in 5 months.

True, but it would have been less odd if it came at the end of the season. To resign two weeks before a new season starts is just odd.
it is just being announced now. jon richardson told the organization about it a month ago.

plus, ownership and management responsibilities don't work around the NFL calender.

had this happened after the season was over there would be a whole higher level of panic going on.

timing isn't a problem in this situation.

writing up a press release now on how the huddle just bought the franchise, first order of business....redo topcat tryouts....no talent needed.

^

Excellent...

On a related note... when they showed Mr. Richardson in the booth Saturday night, he looked pretty rough. He looked to be nodding off a bit too... heart transplant is not an easy thing to get over I'm sure.

Archived