• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CBS Re-Mock

paulSM

Can an Agholor supporter break down for me why he's better than Marquise Lee?  What's the difference?  Lee put up better numbers at USC.  Similar size.  Similar workout numbers.  Lee was the 4th leading receiver for the Jags last season as a rookie. 

Agholor is the better route runner, but Lee is the better athlete. 

Agholor is more complete than Lee is coming out, but Lee will probably be better if he gets coached right. 

I liked Coates until I watched more games.  LOVED the guy after watching him absolutely SHRED Alabama.  But, some games he just plain doesn't show up.  Is he the guy who shredded Bama for 206 yards and 2 TDs?  The guy who had 144 yards and a TD vs. LSU?  The guy who had another 122 yards and a TD vs. Ole Miss?  I mean, he looks like a top 15 pick in those games.  The problem is that in the other nine games of the season he did about jack poo.  A total of 269 yards in those other nine games COMBINED.  Not one single TD in those games.

You want a guy who shows up for three games a season in the 2nd round?  Hell no.

Didn't/haven't watched Coates and don't lan to, but uh

Auburn is extremely run heavy. I wouldn't be mad with him at the bottom of the second. Talent is there from what little I've seen of him and he has the potential to dominate.

Ya'll funny you love Conley and make the run heavy offense excuse  for m but then blast Coates for it.

Auburn is extremely run heavy. I wouldn't be mad with him at the bottom of the second. Talent is there from what little I've seen of him and he has the potential to dominate.

Ya'll funny you love Conley and make the run heavy offense excuse for m but then blast Coates for it.

Haven't watched Coated and don't plan to, but still have an opinion? Why?

Who loves Conley? Certainly not me. He's a track star trying to play football.

Okay, so basically he's a terrible blocker who you're making excuses for.  Got it.

Hi I've watched games of Agholor.

While sometimes he ot blown up blocking but he's very active and aware and reay to contribute Some games he was solid and other games you'd jatch him get demolished

Nothing building more strength won't fix He's far from terrible.

Haven't watched Coated and don't plan to, but still have an opinion? Why?

Who loves Conley? Certainly not me. He's a track star trying to play football.

Because I'm not stupid and I know that him "dissapearing" at times is not because of his lack of ability and because of the offensive scheme he's in.

Ya'll funny you love Conley and make the run heavy offense excuse for m but then blast Coates for it.

Conley had the same number of catches, 100 less yards but 4 more TDs than Coates in an offense with a very similar run/pass ratio. Same size and Conley put up better numbers at the combine. Conley put up consistent production and Coates flashed in a few games. They are basically the same prospect, but Coates is projected in the 2nd and Conley is projected in the 4th. I think Coates is slightly better but I'll take Conley in the 4th or even the 3rd before I take Coates in the 2nd every single damn time. It's a matter of value and Conley is a far better value pick since you can get him later.

Conley had the same number of catches, 100 less yards but 4 more TDs than Coates in an offense with a very similar run/pass ratio. Same size and Conley put up better numbers at the combine. Conley put up consistent production and Coates flashed in a few games. They are basically the same prospect, but Coates is projected in the 2nd and Conley is projected in the 4th. I think Coates is slightly better but I'll take Conley in the 4th or even the 3rd before I take Coates in the 2nd every single damn time. It's a matter of value and Conley is a far better value pick since you can get him later.

You know what, this is a pretty interesting argument.

I think i'll study up on both Coates and Conley as much as I can and provide a proper analysis. 

Lmao

Avant was the #3 WR on our team for most of the season, not Philly. Philly wasn't the number 3 until late.

And, Tedd Ginn was our #3 our 12-4 season and 36 catches, 556 yards, 5tds, and he could've had even more if e didn't drop a handful of big plays.

But uh, yeah, sure, Agholor would only get 400-600 yards bcause we wouldn't use him. Right. 

I don't see what you are insinuating here.

Ginn and Agholor most likely wouldn't be running the same routes if Agholor ended up being drafted by Carolina. Ginn has world class top end speed so obviously he was going to be sent on more flies to utilize that. Agholor is quicker than fast with better route running than Ginn and would probably be sent on more short to intermediate routes to utilize him.

I see Carolina using more 2 TE sets like they did later in the season so that leaves room for 3 RBs/FBs/WRs or else they wouldn't have signed Dickson to a 3 year 7.9 million dollar contract. Also Ginn was here when we did not have a viable 2nd TE, so he probably got more playing time because of that.

Why would Carolina put out someone who will be a below average blocker in at least his first season, when that will give opposing DCs insight into what play they are running. If Agholor is in, they most likely wouldn't be running to his side so that eliminates 1/3 of the field or it more likely hint that it would be a passing play.

But his and Ginn's situations are totally the same, Right.

I don't see what you are insinuating here.

Ginn and Agholor most likely wouldn't be running the same routes if Agholor ended up being drafted by Carolina. Ginn has world class top end speed so obviously he was going to be sent on more flies to utilize that. Agholor is quicker than fast with better route running than Ginn and would probably be sent on more short to intermediate routes to utilize him.

I see Carolina using more 2 TE sets like they did later in the season so that leaves room for 3 RBs/FBs/WRs or else they wouldn't have signed Dickson to a 3 year 7.9 million dollar contract. Also Ginn was here when we did not have a viable 2nd TE, so he probably got more playing time because of that.

Why would Carolina put out someone who will be a below average blocker in at least his first season, when that will give opposing DCs insight into what play they are running. If Agholor is in, they most likely wouldn't be running to his side so that eliminates 1/3 of the field or it more likely hint that it would be a passing play.

But his and Ginn's situations are totally the same, Right.

Your argument is that Agholor wouldn't get more tan 400-600 yards because we don't use our #3 WR a lot. Which is what I argued.

But you're right, Ginn and Agholor wouldn't be running the same  routes because, most likely if we draft a reciver in the top 2 or 3 rounds, they'll  be competing for the #2 spot. Not the number 3. That includes Agholor. Ginn is not our #2. Hell he's probably going to have to compete for the #3 with Philly. Ginn is just three things here A familiar target for cam, a deep threat and most importantly, our returner.

3 year 7.9 million is about average for #2 TE, especially when you're trying t keep familiar targets around your franchise QB. Yes we'll b using mre two TE sets, but that won't eliminate 3-4 wide sets. 

And Agholor is not a below average blocker. He's a very solid one, though sometimes overpowered. Something that adding more strength would fix. It wouldn't eliminate anything because he's just as good as Philly and Ginn, if not better than them at it.

So no, he and Ginn's situations aren't the same. Agholor would be ahead of Ginn on the depth chart. But you completely missed the point of my post saying that Agholor would thrive here as a #3 just lke Ginn did. Because Believe it or not, Agholor has the speed to take the top off of a defense, specially from the #3/Slot role, just like Philly did late in the season. 

Your argument is that Agholor wouldn't get more tan 400-600 yards because we don't use our #3 WR a lot. Which is what I argued.

But you're right, Ginn and Agholor wouldn't be running the same  routes because, most likely if we draft a reciver in the top 2 or 3 rounds, they'll  be competing for the #2 spot. Not the number 3. That includes Agholor. Ginn is not our #2. Hell he's probably going to have to compete for the #3 with Philly. Ginn is just three things here A familiar target for cam, a deep threat and most importantly, our returner.

3 year 7.9 million is about average for #2 TE, especially when you're trying t keep familiar targets around your franchise QB. Yes we'll b using mre two TE sets, but that won't eliminate 3-4 wide sets. 

And Agholor is not a below average blocker. He's a very solid one, though sometimes overpowered. Something that adding more strength would fix. It wouldn't eliminate anything because he's just as good as Philly and Ginn, if not better than them at it.

So no, he and Ginn's situations aren't the same. Agholor would be ahead of Ginn on the depth chart. But you completely missed the point of my post saying that Agholor would thrive here as a #3 just lke Ginn did. Because Believe it or not, Agholor has the speed to take the top off of a defense, specially from the #3/Slot role, just like Philly did late in the season. 

The argument that our #3 WR will get 400-600 a year is quite valid. Over the past 3 years the #3 WR has averaged 463 yards. (Murphy, Ginn, Avant/Brown)

Source:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?season=2014&team=CAR&seasonType=

My first post explains why I believe he will be a slot receiver in this league and especially in a Rivera dictated offense where running the ball is first and foremost the focus of the offense. 

The contract Dickson got is most definitely not average for a #2 TE, he is the 29th best paid TE in terms of average contract value. He is getting paid borderline #1 TE money and you don't pay someone that unless they are a large part of your long term plans. 

Source:

http://overthecap.com/position/tight-end/

Casually watching Agholor, watching the combine, and reading reports on him and all state that he plays way faster in compression shorts than he does in pads. They also state that he does lack the straight-line speed to take the top off of the defense in the NFL. Also it states that he has a very lean frame and a lot don't think that he can carry much more weight while maintaining the quickness that makes him an upper echelon prospect. He was a top recruit at a top school, so his athletic potential is much closer to being reached than a smaller school prospect.  

Source:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/nelson-agholor?id=2552600

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1996508/nelson-agholor

Also just because Philly did it last year, doesn't mean that it's the way that the Panthers want it to happen this year. Philly was all we had by the end of the year and I'm almost certain that will not happen this year. Any rookie will not start atop of the depth chart, they will have to work for everything they get starting from the bottom... Agholor included. 

I said in the Rivera offense he'd be a non-impact players as compared to other possible selections at his point, a Jake Fisher could potentially be an every down LT and he's in the 2nd round range.

And he was a somewhat ineffective blocker on college DBs, so in all likelihood he will be much worse on professional DBs.

The 3rd WR on our team was Philly last year and he had less than 300 yards, so Agholor would get 400-600 yards maybe without any injuries, something he has had a history of.

Philly could do that and is already on the roster.

This guy is funny. I guess we should just line up a guard at WR.

Archived