• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaquiski Tartt S Samford (Alabama)

gettlemanjack

one of the safeties we met with. projected 2nd-3rd R

huge 6-1, 221 size - the other big safety from Alabama (Tartt and Landon Collins went to college 60 miles apart from each other)

FCS 1st Team All-American

Scout.com Justin Pawlowski @ CommishOnline

2h

Samford's Jaquiski Tartt will be drafted higher than his

projections in the media. He has size, speed, & talent.

Matt Miller @ nfldraftscout

Apr 13

Man, the Jaquiski Tartt love is real out there. NFL teams rave

about this kid.

nepatriotsdraft.com Mike Loyko @ NEPD_Loyko

Feb 26

If there is a Kam Chancellor in this year's draft his name is

Jaquiski Tartt .

Sports Illustrated Doug Farrar @ SI_DougFarrar

Feb 16

Samford SS Jaquiski Tartt : Funny name, but serious bidnuss on

the field. Dude brings the hammer. Possible Kam Chancellor

potential.

former starting SS in NFL Matt Bowen @ MattBowen41

Mar 30

Samford safety Jaquiski Tartt could be a steal in #NFL Draft.

NFL.com Charles Davis said on NFL Network's "NFL AM" that Tartt (6-foot-1, 220 pounds) is "an absolute missile" and said Tartt had "SEC skills"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000461434/article/samford-safety-jaquiski-tartt-said-to-have-sec-skills

NFL.com Charles Davis @ CFD22

Mar 29

[in reply to: “really liking the film on Jaquiski Tartt . Steal in round 2?”]

Might be a steal in the 3rd.

former starting SS in NFL Matt Bowen @ MattBowen41

Mar 29

I would take a long look at Samford S Jaquiski Tartt ... Could be a steal in #NFL Draft.

Inside The Iggles Anthony DiBona @ Anthony_DiBona

Feb 23

Jaquiski Tartt is a monstar, like the guys from Space Jam. 6'1",

221 lbs., 32 3/8" arms and 9 7/8" hands. Just ran a 4.46 forty.

#Eagles

NFL.com Gil Brandt @ Gil_Brandt

Jan 21

Good player.

NFL.com Lance Zierlein @ LanceZierlein

Jan 24

NFL starter.

Pro Day:

4.47 second 40 (4.53 at Combine)

33-inch vertical jump

10-foot-3 broad jump (10 ft 4 at Combine)

20-yard short shuttle in 4.29 seconds

three-cone drill in 7.03 seconds

13 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000482554/article/jaquiski-tartt-attracts-18-nfl-teams-to-samfords-pro-day

Paul Emery @UKDraftFan

athletically the safety group isn't great:

CBqihRNWEAAd8fQ.jpg

November 01, 2012 - Alabama paper:

"the sophomore safety has developed into one of the top players in the country. ... The 6-foot-2, 213-pound Tartt has been a dominant force in college football despite playing only his senior season at Davidson High in Mobile. ... "I was actually playing basketball for three years. I played football my whole life until I started playing basketball in the eighth grade and fell in love with basketball. ... The football coaches and my friends wanted me to come out and play"

(Although Miss State was recruiting him) he chose Samford because his mother, a traveling nurse who goes as far as California for her job, wanted to go there herself because of the pharmacy program.

"I didn't want to do the traveling (from Mobile to Birmingham), but she kept telling me it was a great school," said Tartt

his college coach:

"He's just got that knack," Sullivan said. "He reads things well. He's got great range for a safety and he can really run. He's a physical kid. That combination makes him a heck of a football player."

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/11/jaquiski_tartt_living_out_fami.html

i agree Davos. he brings the wood when he hits. comes to hit with bad intentions. I'm a fan.

He screams our style given who we've brought in for the secondary.  I don't think we have a single DB under 6'0 anymore minus Coleman who's just 5'11 1/2.  Mentioned this in another thread:

People have discussed Collins a lot, made a big deal about Shaq's abilities if he moves to S, and even Russell to an extent but Tartt is the biggest and fastest of the top SS prospects.  6'1 220, tenacious style, strengths in run-support, physical tackler, good awareness.  I know the safety class is weaker than usual as a whole but Tartt could be a good one to come out of it. 

We seem to like DBs that fall into that big, athletic, and fierce run-support type.  Tartt fits the bill better than any of the SS prospects in my opinion.  A hair under 6'2, 4.47 40 and could supplant Harper quickly in case Roman starts to really show wear and tear the coming season.  Harper in his prime with better coverage skills.   Like Reshad Jones a bit. 

Great article: http://samfordcrimson.com/?p=6528

Archived