• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Talk with Jonathan Jones

Jeremy Igo

Lol Americans pooing on Oasis and the Beatles? While Oasis were coming up with 5 albums that sold more than 50 million copies worldwide, you guys gave us Nickleback and Linkin Park. Doubting anyone here has actually listened to a full Oasis album.

Nickelback is Canadian.

So yeah....burn.

What is with this Oasis hate????!?!?! They wrote one of THE best songs of all time and followed it up with 5 very good albums. 

I ain't taking no music lessons from the state that gave us Fred Durst and J Cole. 

Are you being serious right now?  Wonderwall one of the best songs of all time?  4 chords over and over again?  Wailing nasally vocals?

I'm pretty sure its popularity was partially due to the fact that any brooding 13 year old with a guitar can play it.

Are you being serious right now? Wonderwall one of the best songs of all time? 4 chords over and over again? Wailing nasally vocals?

I'm pretty sure its popularity was partially due to the fact that any brooding 13 year old with a guitar can play it.

Because all of the best songs in the world are incredibly musically complex?

Because all of the best songs in the world are incredibly musically complex?

when someone calls a song "one of the greatest of all time", there has to be something that makes it good.

When the composition and the vocals are that bad, though, what can you say?

The lyrics are pretty good, I guess.

Be here be now is an excellent album. Does it rank in the top ten? No. But it is a solid reproduction of the Beatles. And if the Beatles are a boy band, listen to SGT Peppers again. No boy band does that. Hell...boy bands rarely play instruments much less influence the direction of music.

Archived