• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth talks up Melvin Gordon in the 1st

Mr. Scot

I love Tre McBride but he doesn't run better routes than Agholor. . Your opinion is already lacking credibility. . You need to do more research and know what your talking about. .

Really?

You know it's okay to have a difference of opinion without getting butthurt, right?

Edwards and Coleman aren't longterm solutions. Both are reaching that point in their careers where they could be on their last legs. Replacements for Coleman, Coleman, Johnson and Davis are realistic options for this draft. Don't kid yourself.

Yes, and neither were Ansah and Ealy. Point? And please stop talking about slurping when you're suggesting that Agholor will go in the first. A once third day prospect is now a first round pick. Amazing.

And, yes, I would definitely take that bet. The question is are you smart enough to back out now?

Usually when players ascend on draft boards and mock drafts closer to draft night it is because draftniks are finally coming around to looking at players further in depth. They usually move guys up and place them closer to where teams already have them ranked. Agholor was never a day three prospect. There is a reason virtually every credible draft writer with ears on team personnel departments are steadily moving up Nelson on their boards and rankings. There is a reason he is meeting with WR needy teams from the mid to late first round. At this point it is fairly likely Agholor jumps Strong. 

Don't make that bet. You will lose. 

Considering that EVERY draft there's 15-20 players whose stocks skyrocket, I'm very comfortable in making that bet. The Patton chatter still gets to me till this day. This place was claiming he'd go in the first 25 picks.

Quinton went in the fourth.

So you're willingly making a bet with WOW that Agholor will go after 57th overall? Am I understanding that correctly? 

Going from a second round guy to late first is hardly "skyrocketing."

I haven't read what the thinking is on Gurley's timetable. When is he expected to be ready to play? It would be a bummer to draft him and he not be able to play until late in the season. Of course, it turned out ok with Tre Boston and Gurley could make a much, much bigger impact. And obviously, the validity of the pick goes beyond this coming season.

I've honestly never been so torn on who the Panthers should draft. This draft is as wide open as any I remember. It's a total crap shoot.

1. Greene just stop .... not nearly as physical in his route running as Nelson.. He gets shut down by press coverage. .

2. I know Hardy went to ESU and people have this love thing for him.. But he doesn't have the speed and quick twitch ability in and out of Breaks as Agholor or get any where near the separation Nelson gets.. . So he can't be a better route runner. .

3. White doesn't even run a full route tree so please do more research before posting a bad opinion. .

Can't comment on Greene or Hardy since I haven't watched them yet but uh

White's a damn good route runner. Almost as good as Cooper. I'm not the only one who thinks so.

" Asked to run more types of routes in 2014 and delivered with increased productivity. Terrific inside release to beat press coverage. Creates separation on crossers and can stop on a dime on hitch routes."  NFL.Com

"White really developed his route-running as a senior. He showed the ability get open coming out of his cuts and has more upside to develop there." Walterfootball's position review, where he had White over Agholor for individual route running. 

"Displays above average coordination and footwork in his breaks to create separation at the top of his routes and catch the ball without breaking stride to create after the reception." - CBSsports

So, uh

Edwards and Coleman aren't longterm solutions. Both are reaching that point in their careers where they could be on their last legs. Replacements for Coleman, Coleman, Johnson and Davis are realistic options for this draft. Don't kid yourself.

Yes, and neither were Ansah and Ealy. Point? And please stop talking about slurping when you're suggesting that Agholor will go in the first. A once third day prospect is now a first round pick. Amazing.

And, yes, I would definitely take that bet. The question is are you smart enough to back out now?

1. But you have Star and Short.. They are the long-term players. . How many teams have 2 let alone 4 quality starting DT.. Not to mention on passing downs we move one of our DE's to the 3 tech position. . Another 1st round DT is a luxury pick...

2. Ealy was way more productive and Ansa has done what exactly? ?

3. Good I can't wait to make you my bitch.. Your Sig will be ready in 2 weeks and 2 days..

His routes aren't as crisp or refined no, but he has a more complete and versatile route tree than Agholor. He consistently gets open with a solid arsenal of routes and got open consistently with them, which, of course, may have been the level of competiton he was playing against.

Again love McBride.. I've made a thread calling McBride my man crush at WR'S.. But he doesn't get the separation nor is he a deep threat like Agholor. . Both have great hands and McBride is better at High pointing a ball.. But Agholor runs faster routes and did it consistently against better competition. .

My bad. I thought you were a USC fan.

I try not to be a grammar Nazi, but when someone is being as condescending as you have been in this thread while using terrible grammar, I admit that I cannot resist.

Do what you like I don't give a fug about my grammar on a football forum. .

Can't comment on Greene or Hardy since I haven't watched them yet but uh

White's a damn good route runner. Almost as good as Cooper. I'm not the only one who thinks so.

" Asked to run more types of routes in 2014 and delivered with increased productivity. Terrific inside release to beat press coverage. Creates separation on crossers and can stop on a dime on hitch routes." NFL.Com

"White really developed his route-running as a senior. He showed the ability get open coming out of his cuts and has more upside to develop there." Walterfootball's position review, where he had White over Agholor for individual route running.

"Displays above average coordination and footwork in his breaks to create separation at the top of his routes and catch the ball without breaking stride to create after the reception." - CBSsports

So, uh

One year wonder and he still doesn't run a full route tree..

Nor is he as smooth in breaks, stop and go, and transition running as Cooper Agholor and McBride. .

Not saying he doesn't have more upside or isn't better at other WR traits.. But route running and consistent production over time isn't one of them. N

Ansah and Ealy both had production and both showed off consistent pass rushing moves. Something that Odighizuwa never consistently showed off. He has a chance to be dominant, but he also has a chance to be a typical workout warrior.

Also don't make that bet. He's not gonna last too far into the 40s. 

I'm just saying, if you want to be a condescending asshole and try to act like you're smarter than everyone else, at least give it a shot.

I'm smarter on this subject and it's clear... I don't have to post a term paper to show that.. I'm sorry you feel a certain way about me telling you and others to do a little more research before making a strong opinion or statement. . But I'm not calling you a dumbass for your opinion.. just do a little more research before acting like it's fact..

Archived