• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anybody think we need too look at WR on Waivers?

koolkatluke

In all honesty yes this team needs WR for now and esp into the future. Likelyhood of moose making it much longer is slim add in Smiths age would be a concern before long as well. The future is not too bright at the spot as of right now. Currently we truely do not have anyone proven to play the slot much less a 4th. Knowing the panthers I highly doubt that someone comes in. I truely see them putting either of the TEs in the 4th (by alignment) spot when used. Considering the amount of holes in the roster it becomes harder and harder to fill those spots with limited draft picks, currently I believe it is 5 for next year.

Would I love to see Dieon Branch (rumblings of cap cut) come in to play slot heck yes. Would he fill a current gap, heck yes, could he fill for Moose if he chooses not to return next year yes. Do any Panther fans believe a move like that would come in limited dollar days NO.

Does anyone know Moore's 40? Granted the guy has nice hands, but does he have good speed?

I saw on Walterfootball.com that he ran a 4.47 at the combine the year he came out. Usually players run slower there becuase of nerves and what not but he definitely has some speed. I would like to see him in the open field.

I saw on Walterfootball.com that he ran a 4.47 at the combine the year he came out. Usually players run slower there becuase of nerves and what not but he definitely has some speed. I would like to see him in the open field.

I looked up his 40 numbers at the combine and they were all over the place. I saw as low as a 4.42 and as high as 4.56. Pre-combine numbers got as high as a 4.62!!!!

I don't know what to believe other than somwhere in the middle, say 4.5-something.

My point being, a 4.3 or 4.4 guy would be nice as long as thay can catch and run routes appropriately.

We're fine. Trade DJ Hackett for Beavers/or Goodson and we have the same guys as last year. Why waste a roster spot on a 5th reciever that will see the field maybe once a game (not counting ST). Plus its hard finding space when we already have 2 kickers, 2 full backs, and 3 tightends

Moore, Goodson and Smitty can all play the slot. As far as posession guys we not only have Moose and Jarrett but Barnidge is a 250lb guy who runs as fast or faster than both of them. Rosario has also been a good surprise as well this year and has shown good hands. We have plenty of receiving threats and don't need to pick up another guy anytime soon. As for age being a factor, many good receivers play well into their thirties. Barring injury I wouldn't be surprised if Moose plays another few years and Smitty just turned 30. He could easily play another 5 years if he wants to. Receivers don't age like running backs do as they get much less wear and tear each year. We really have bigger fish to fry in my opinion.

I might be in the minority but I don't think the WR group is as strong as everyone thinks.

Unless Goodson more or less is in the slot or lined up as a WR much more then I don't see it.

Some teams, even if they don't put their shut down guy on SS can afford to let SS get his and just lock up anyone else. That leads to Bad Jake. Better options leads to Good Jake.

Since we seem to think we don't use more than two WR's then no longer draft a WR early and just get journeyman that can block.

I looked up his 40 numbers at the combine and they were all over the place. I saw as low as a 4.42 and as high as 4.56. Pre-combine numbers got as high as a 4.62!!!!

I don't know what to believe other than somwhere in the middle, say 4.5-something.

My point being, a 4.3 or 4.4 guy would be nice as long as thay can catch and run routes appropriately.

That my friend, he can do

He's also quick and learning to separate at the line of scrimmage. Working with Steve really helped him

I really doubt lining up Goodson at slot. We haven't did it so far, and if Stewart dont see a lot of time this year, you can kiss that thought good bye. I know he can catch, but I we haven't seen him run routes down the field and catch

Moore, Goodson and Smitty can all play the slot. As far as posession guys we not only have Moose and Jarrett but Barnidge is a 250lb guy who runs as fast or faster than both of them. Rosario has also been a good surprise as well this year and has shown good hands. We have plenty of receiving threats and don't need to pick up another guy anytime soon. As for age being a factor, many good receivers play well into their thirties. Barring injury I wouldn't be surprised if Moose plays another few years and Smitty just turned 30. He could easily play another 5 years if he wants to. Receivers don't age like running backs do as they get much less wear and tear each year. We really have bigger fish to fry in my opinion.

:iagree: I wonder if you get tired making sense?

Archived