• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anybody think we need too look at WR on Waivers?

koolkatluke

Jarrett won't get cut. When thrown to in games he has pretty good hands....he also got open last season and has gotten open w/ the #1's in preseason......he just hasn't recieved much action for some reason. I think we are fine at WR. Only concern on offense is OL depth.

How many teams go into the season with only 4 Wr on the roster? Plus 2 that are no where near proven. I also read a report that Jarret could be inactive for games this year!! Is it normal too only have 3 wr on roster game time? I guess we will never have a 4 wr set.

Carolina likes to use a lot of 2 WR sets. We carried 4 in games last year.....it worked out well.

we really don't need more than 4 WRs this year. 5th was rarely, if ever, used in capacities other than special teams. we have 3 returners we will be using: goodson, munnerlynn, and moore. moore is the only WR and he's already got his spot secured for the most part.

TEs and goodson will be used as receiving options this year probably more than any 5th receiver will have been and probably more than the #4 (jarrett) will be.

as to the supposed reports that jarrett will be inactive this year? what i have seen that says that is speculation from outside sources. no internal ones have even been suggested to say that from what i have seen. it wouldn't surprise me much but i don't see it happening this year.

like i've said in other places, i'd rather see that 5th roster spot go to somewhere else of actual need.

as to other teams having more than 4 on their roster...why do they need it and why would we need it. imo, having more than that is a waste of space. if they are rarely used, why have it? let the spot go somewhere else where we are more likely to use it.

How many teams go into the season with only 4 Wr on the roster? Plus 2 that are no where near proven. I also read a report that Jarret could be inactive for games this year!! Is it normal too only have 3 wr on roster game time? I guess we will never have a 4 wr set.

Don't forget about larry beavers. He could still make the team, and has a better chance now with ryne gone.

Archived