• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Cosell: Todd Gurley "arguably the #1 prospect in this draft"

gettlemanjack

All of those names before 2007, when Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. You have to go back eight drafts to find a guy who was actually worth a first round pick. You could make an argument for Stew and CJ2K (I wouldn't because I want my 1st rounder to play at a high level for longer than either of them did), but that list is not something I personally want my team to add to.

All this says is since 2007, the talent level hasn't been there to justify taking a RB in the first (not even taking into account those RBs drafted in later years that if re-drafted are surefire firsts: McCoy, Murray, etc.)

That's not the case in this draft.

Yes you can get a RB to produce in the draft if you have the oline etc. Gurley seems to be one of those RBs who is going to beast DESPITE the oline. Strong runner and very hard to bring down. I have not seen any other RB in this draft demonstrate that.

You haven't watched Duke Johnson.

Greg is on drugs and I'm a huge fan.

Before the injury he was a 15 snap player. The guy that replaced him put up similar numbers. Coming off acl injury and refuse combine doctors/teams to take a look.

If you promise me he'll have a 10+ career with very minor injuries, I'd support drafting him.

Other wise him and stew would be tour de' france buds for 75% of preseason, regular season, TC, and OTAs.

Wanna know the last couple of running backs drafted in the first round? The list reads as follows...

Trent Richardson

Doug Martin

David Wilson

Mark Ingram

CJ Spiller

Ryan Mathews

Jahvid Best

Knowshon Moreno

Donald Brown

Beanie Wells

Darren McFadden

Jonathan Stewart

Felix Jones

Rashard Mendenhall

Chris Johnson

All of those names before 2007, when Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. You have to go back eight drafts to find a guy who was actually worth a first round pick. You could make an argument for Stew and CJ2K (I wouldn't because I want my 1st rounder to play at a high level for longer than either of them did), but that list is not something I personally want my team to add to.

You could do a list like this for every single position in football. Also being drafted in the first round does not necessarily mean you have first round talent. I mean the Browns drafted Manziel in the first round last year and Brandon Weeden at QB in 2012.

Greg is on drugs and I'm a huge fan.

Before the injury he was a 15 snap player. The guy that replaced him put up similar numbers. Coming off acl injury and refuse combine doctors/teams to take a look.

If you promise me he'll have a 10+ career with very minor injuries, I'd support drafting him.

Other wise him and stew would be tour de' france buds for 75% of preseason, regular season, TC, and OTAs.

to be fair, his doctor told him not to allow teams to check his knee at the combine. one prospect had an ankle twisted so bad he re injured  it, and could not do the field drills at the combine. 

if you are hurt in february and can not perform, the NFL sends you back to indianapolis to get checked again.all 32 teams get the updated reports on the prospects. he should be one of those people who will get looked at again. i do believe this happens this week actually. 

Archived