• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Cosell: Todd Gurley "arguably the #1 prospect in this draft"

gettlemanjack

Running backs might be a dime a dozen but not all running backs are equal. If he is clearly the best rb then I would be happy to see us draft him in the first. We need a franchise rb too. I hope he has good hands so Cam can use him in the passing game.

Because hr doesn't want to be. Maybe he is asking for too much money. As for us, Rivera has said that signing Boykin took away a certain amount of pressure to sign Jennings.

I think he's just weighing his options to make the best decision for him and his family. Regardless of what Rivera said, I don't think there was ever any pressure to sign Jennings. Gettleman probably talked to him, discussed the situation, and put an offer on the table. It's probably still been on the table and it's just a take it or leave it. Doubt DG loses any sleep over Jennings and I don't think the Boykin signing actually changed anything.

No thanks. Running backs are a dime a dozen in the league. You could easily pick up a UDFA who has similar production to high round picks these days. It's a different league.

Easily? I didnt google but if you can list one UDFA running back who has the similar production to Adrian Peterson, I would really appreciate it.

No thanks. Running backs are a dime a dozen in the league. You could easily pick up a UDFA who has similar production to high round picks these days. It's a different league.

LOL, you could say that about every position, except QB and OT to a lesser extent.

Easily? I didnt google but if you can list one UDFA running back who has the similar production to Adrian Peterson, I would really appreciate it.

Only one I can think of is Arian Foster and he's still not even very close at all. Morris had a good rookie year as a 6th rounder but he's gotten worse since then and that success may have been due to RGIII's running threat. Guys like Lynch and Peterson who are franchise cornerstones are found in the 1st round, and Gurley would be well worth our 25th pick. 

Anyone questioning this should go watch Peterson's rookie year highlights or his 2000 yard season highlights. Gurley is capable of that, and with Cam's running threat and our interior line solidified with Norwell, Turner and Kalil we could lead the league in rushing for years to come. Fits our philosophy as well of ball control, pounding the football and winning with a strong defense. I would love Gurley at 25.

Had this fanbase not been burned by the terrible contracts handed out to RBs in the past I'm sure this pick would get a better reception.

We are in a spot where we either catch one of the wide receivers that falls or overvalue what is a very underwhelming group of tackles.

He's a fantastic talent and an absolute steal at 25 if he's there. Hope he is.

Darrin Reaves was certainly a beast for us last season.

LOL, you could say that about every position, except QB and OT to a lesser extent.

Wanna know the last couple of running backs drafted in the first round? The list reads as follows...

Trent Richardson

Doug Martin

David Wilson

Mark Ingram

CJ Spiller

Ryan Mathews

Jahvid Best

Knowshon Moreno

Donald Brown

Beanie Wells

Darren McFadden

Jonathan Stewart

Felix Jones

Rashard Mendenhall

Chris Johnson

All of those names before 2007, when Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. You have to go back eight drafts to find a guy who was actually worth a first round pick. You could make an argument for Stew and CJ2K (I wouldn't because I want my 1st rounder to play at a high level for longer than either of them did), but that list is not something I personally want my team to add to.

Archived