• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tavaris Jackson?

d-run

Jackson's numbers at Minnesota improved somewhat last year, because they didn't let him throw the ball much, and when he did he only threw short passes. So it stands to reason his passing percentage would be higher, while his int numbers got lower. Mccown actually threw the ball down the field at Arizona, which is the way that Fox likes to play. Mccown had nearly as many 20yd plus passes in one year as Jackson has had in his whole career.

I haven't seen anything out of Jackson that indicates he will be any better than what we have, other than his running ability.

Yes, YES, and YES. The guy has tons of talent and is already better than the guys we have. I'd jump all over it if that's all they're asking (which I'd like to point out, I predicted their exact asking price in the original thread). I would love to pull off a deal for him.

He's also a stand-up guy from what I've heard.

I read today that Favre thinks he has a broken rib. I wonder if that changes anything given that Rosenfels may be the starter and that puts Jackson as number 2 until Favre is healthy. Many folks think Favre wont make it through the year so I doubt that they would get rid of Jackson.

Jackson's numbers at Minnesota improved somewhat last year, because they didn't let him throw the ball much, and when he did he only threw short passes. So it stands to reason his passing percentage would be higher, while his int numbers got lower. Mccown actually threw the ball down the field at Arizona, which is the way that Fox likes to play. Mccown had nearly as many 20yd plus passes in one year as Jackson has had in his whole career.

I haven't seen anything out of Jackson that indicates he will be any better than what we have, other than his running ability.

Two years ago the Vikings wide receiving corps was terrible. Their top 2 receivers were Bobby Wade and Robert Ferguson. Behind them were Sidney Rice and Visanthe Shiancoe. Not exactly big play threats. Yet he still went 8-4 as the starter that year in really his first full year as a starter.

Last year the Vikings went out and got Bernard Berrian, which helped him. He was pulled too early, but came back at the end of the year and had very good games in wins against the Cardinals and Giants...and even had a good game in the loss to Atlanta. He played poorly against Philly in the playoffs, but Jake played poorly in the playoffs too. It happens sometimes.

Although Jackson likely isn't a long-term starter for anybody, I think it's pretty clear he's better than the guys behind Jake now.

From PFT http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

"One thing that makes Jackson somewhat attractive is his contract. Quarterbacks with starting experience (20 games in three years, including playoffs) usually aren't available at a base salary of only $535,000."

I'm not a huge fan of Jackson but he looks a lot better at that price. If the team is comfortable with Moore being #2......I'd feel fine with Jackson being #3 and competing in camp next year to see what he can do in our system.

Archived