• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tavaris Jackson?

d-run

Jackson wasn't good enough to beat out the aging Gus Frerotte and then the Vikings made a spectacle of themselves chasing (and catching) the Mississippi Methuselah himself.

And you really think we should just ****** him up?

That's the worst argument ever.

Aaron Brooks beat out Jake Delhomme, Chris Leek beat out The Golden Calf of Bristol, Drew Bledsoe beat out Tom Brady etc. etc. etc. etc.

I think at this point in the season the question would be more along the lines of does a guy who has no familiarity with this offense and in fact is coming from a completely different type of offense altogether give this team a better chance to succeed than two guys who have been in the system for the past couple years. And if so, is it worth another draft pick vis a vis other needs (as has been mentioned). Had they wanted to do this prior to TC it would have made more sense because I do think Jackson has some raw ability. Is it more than the other two guys? Not sure.

IMO, both of our backups have the potential to be better than Jackson. Mccown imo already is. He had much better numbers at Arizona than Jackson has as a starter for Mn.

You might wanna go back and check the stats, because McCown in no way, shape or form had MUCH better number than Jackson....actually they are very similar, and Jacksons 2008 season is way better than any season McCown has ever had.....plus this is only Jacksons 4th season.

You might wanna go back and check the stats, because McCown in no way, shape or form had MUCH better number than Jackson....actually they are very similar, and Jacksons 2008 season is way better than any season McCown has ever had.....plus this is only Jacksons 4th season.

Jackson's best season wasn't even a full or close to full season as he only started 5 games and only played in 9. He averaged about 16 passes a game. The biggest difference imo is that Mccown played on a prolific passing team. While his numbers weren't great, they weren't terrible either. Jackson played on a team that ran the ball a lot, and still had more interceptions in his only full season than Mccown did in any season that he has played in.

Neither one of them is going to be in the hall of fame, but I haven't seen anything to indicate Jackson is a better QB than Mccown.

Jackson's best season wasn't even a full or close to full season as he only started 5 games and only played in 9. He averaged about 16 passes a game. The biggest difference imo is that Mccown played on a prolific passing team. While his numbers weren't great, they weren't terrible either. Jackson played on a team that ran the ball a lot, and still had more interceptions in his only full season than Mccown did in any season that he has played in.

Neither one of them is going to be in the hall of fame, but I haven't seen anything to indicate Jackson is a better QB than Mccown.

Career completion %

Jackson - 58.4%

McCown - 57.9%

Career TD:INT

Jackson - 20:18

McCown - 35:40

Career QB Rating

Jackson - 77

McCown - 72

Jackson also brings the ability to run. 476 yards and 4 TDs in 3 years compared to 569 and 3 TDs in 7 years for McCown.

I'm not sure how you figure that McCown is so much better than Jackson.

Archived