• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayock: 2015 WR class has eight with 1st round grade

gettlemanjack

I dunno about Mayock this year.  After White, Cooper, and Parker I see a distinct drop.

Well, this is certainly a dilemma. Who do I trust. Mayock with his many years of experience, and his multitude of sources? Or you?

I think I will go with....Ah hellz, I just can't decide. As much as I want to support my local Huddler. I think I'll go with Mayock on this one.

I can't see DGB being a 1st Round WR because he can't keep his nose clean, that's too much of a risk to invest in the 1st Round.

He's kept his nose clean for an entire year all while not playing. That says more to me than what he has done before that.

I'd love him at 25. Two number one receivers in back to back drafts. Cam would be in heaven

Well, this is certainly a dilemma. Who do I trust. Mayock with his many years of experience, and his multitude of sources? Or you?

I think I will go with....Ah hellz, I just can't decide. As much as I want to support my local Huddler. I think I'll go with Mayock on this one.

Yes, because he's never been wrong.  Not once.  Ever.

Like all other "analyst" opinions, the "for entertainment purposes only" disclaimer applies.

Cool stuff.

Like all other "analyst" opinions, the "for entertainment purposes only" disclaimer applies.

He put Mariota at 1 on his QB top-5 just for hits the other day.   

He's kept his nose clean for an entire year all while not playing. That says more to me than what he has done before that.

I'd love him at 25. Two number one receivers in back to back drafts. Cam would be in heaven

If we pick DGB at 25, I will run through my apartment complex naked.  My ginger ass will be like another sun running through the night.  AKA it isn't happening, even though I wish he would do his due diligence on him.    

Yea but you see the question still remains, how much of that was him saying "I need to straighten up and get my act together for myself"or "I need to straighten up because I'm pushing Draft Stock down the drain"?

2nd or 3rd Round I say go for it but in the 1st I wouldn't feel comfortable. The Kraken was a 6th round pick so he was essentially risk free and it ended up working out for a short period of time but now he's on The Cowboys. Avoiding another potential quandary like that is worth waiting until the later rounds.

You have a point. Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Cool stuff.

You implied there were only 3 WRs worth a hoot, and Mayock is foolish to think otherwise. As Mayock is not the only one quoting anywhere from 5-8 1st round WRs. I have to think maybe the majority may be right.

So..,after your chosen 3 WRs are taken. Should teams just wait until the 3rd round to start drafting them again? How big is that drop-off in talent? Are there any WRs worth taking at all? I need to know how you see this working out. I want a WR, but if it isn't worth taking. I should probably take WR off my board.

Yea but you see the question still remains, how much of that was him saying "I need to straighten up and get my act together for myself"or "I need to straighten up because I'm pushing Draft Stock down the drain"?

2nd or 3rd Round I say go for it but in the 1st I wouldn't feel comfortable. The Kraken was a 6th round pick so he was essentially risk free and it ended up working out for a short period of time but now he's on The Cowboys. Avoiding another potential quandary like that is worth waiting until the later rounds.

The kid has the talent to force you to do your due diligence. If you think he has matured, and has his head together. Maybe you draft him. But, you better get your facts together. You can never afford to misuse your 1st round pick. If you trust him, take him.

Now, if you vet him, and you come away confused as to what you are getting. You had better pass. If you don't trust him, don't take him.

Personally, I would be willing to give the kid a shot. But then, I wasn't involved in the vetting process.

The kid has the talent to force you to do your due diligence. If you think he has matured, and has his head together. Maybe you draft him. But, you better get your facts together. You can never afford to misuse your 1st round pick. If you trust him, take him.

Now, if you vet him, and you come away confused as to what you are getting. You had better pass. If you don't trust him, don't take him.

Personally, I would be willing to give the kid a shot. But then, I wasn't involved in the vetting process.

My thing is, from what I've read, noticed, seen, etc. we haven't even given the kid his due diligence.  Which annoys me, too talented to ignore because of his two problems that happened over a year ago.      

Archived