• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers met multiple times with OT Chaz Green, potential Day 3 steal

gettlemanjack

Keep acting like you are something, Mr. Scout, I forget that the offseason is your time to live as an "draft expert" lol

you don't have to have any kind of knowledge of football to realize you're clueless for writing this:

"I dont think he has improved much since his high school. You go to the college to get developed by coaches and learn on the field. He's just a high school product more than a college one imo."

again... get your head out of your...

head_up_ass-thumb.jpg

I think "great prospect" is overstating it. By a lot.

Teams are just trying to figure out whether he's worth a late round flier pick or a phone call for a tryout if he goes undrafted.

agree he's a 3rd Day pic, like I've been saying this whole thread including the title, but you have to be a great prospect to get considered for Day 3 or UDFA when you:

1) have a history since high school of missing a few games most

years due to minor injuries

2) got set back a year of athletic and technique development due to

missing the year to injury

you don't have to have any kind of knowledge of football to realize you're clueless for writing this:

"I dont think he has improved much since his high school. You go to the college to get developed by coaches and learn on the field. He's just a high school product more than a college one imo."

again... get your head out of your...

head_up_ass-thumb.jpg

That's a good photo of yourself.

not going to do back flips for him but i'd be very pleased with this pickup. He's clearly got his mind right, impressing with his physical abilities (according to his journal), and if healthy would likely be a benefit to out team. Only problem I keep running into is our decision to seemingly LEAD THE LEAGUE in players at RT. My kingdom for a big boy LT with a mean streak a mile wide.

not going to do back flips for him but i'd be very pleased with this pickup. He's clearly got his mind right, impressing with his physical abilities (according to his journal), and if healthy would likely be a benefit to out team. Only problem I keep running into is our decision to seemingly LEAD THE LEAGUE in players at RT. My kingdom for a big boy LT with a mean streak a mile wide.

Seems like unless an OT is projected to be the next Walter Jones, then the media says he's a RT.

Injured since high school.....

When I read that he was injured throughout college AND injuries in high school prevented him from being ranked higher with a top notch skill set, I saying he will fall to the later rounds Based solely on durability.

here are a couple fellow Huddlers who have been suggesting Chaz Green in the late rounds multiple times:

CatalystNX:

5th (COMP): Chaz Green, OT, Florida

Late in the draft you want to find players with potential to exceed expectations and Chaz Green has some upside in that respect. He'd provide immediate competition for Mike Remmers at right tackle

TheNewStandard:

"Gators other OT Chaz Green looked fantastic in drills today. would be a heckuva pick in the later rounds. ... lots of injuries throughout his career but played great against the better teams he faced this last season."

Archived