• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers met multiple times with OT Chaz Green, potential Day 3 steal

gettlemanjack

I dont really care if he's the no.1 recruit or not, that doesnt mean much when it comes to the NFL. Look, he didnt play a lot in college and I dont think he has improved much since his high school. You go to the college to get developed by coaches and learn on the field. He's just a high school product more than a college one imo.

I dont think he has improved much since his high school. You go to the college to get developed by coaches and learn on the field. He's just a high school product more than a college one imo.

double derp as one of the derpest things I've seen written in human history

from the rest from Green's journal so far:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - "They put me on the board in the meeting room for three hours to see how well I picked up installations – inside zone runs, outside zone runs. They showed me how they would block against 15 different fronts they see on a regular basis, and in order to evaluate whether I understood them, had me answer when they called out those specific fronts. When we got done, they gave me a test to see how much information I retained from the session. I think I did really well because I got some real good feedback from that workout."

Houston Texans - "We spent about 45 minutes working out and did a lot of it inside the weight room because there was some weather ... We had a nice 45-minute grind and then spent an hour – it was a little different than other teams – in the board room. Houston’s offensive line coach [Mike Devlin] didn’t teach us their schemes as much; he put on a lot of the things we did and we just explained our basic protections, basic run plays, why we did certain things that he saw us do on film. He wanted to know if it was something we were coached to do or something we picked up naturally. Devlin, I liked him a lot. He’s a real down-to-Earth guy. He just spoke to us about the whole process in general, what to expect at the next level. We went to lunch and had a great visit overall."

Dallas Cowboys - "we had the longest workout I’ve had to this point. Myself, D.J. and Max were out there, and we were probably out on the field for two hours. We spent the first 45 minutes doing a lot of agility drills, flexibility drills; he wanted to see how we could move as athletes. We did bag drills, foot quickness drills, and then the last half was straight football. We covered everything as far as blocking, pulling, pass protection, changing direction, hip explosion, balance, strength. That was another great grind, and then we watched some film as well. We spent another hour and a half on one protection that they run, one of their main protections. We were in there grinding for a good hour and a half as well, so it was a long day."

New Orleans Saints - "had already seen me on film, so we talked through some base plays, my technique and how I think on the field."

San Diego Chargers - "We did some board work for a good two hours, the same thing as before, going over how they call their plays and how I retained the information installation."

"Coming out of all these workouts and interviews, it is unanimous from the coaches that [Florida offensive line coach] Mike Summers prepared us tremendously. That’s some feedback we’re getting from the next level. From a technique standpoint on the field and also a mental standpoint in the game of football, guys from the next level say we’re really well prepared and that’s a credit to Coach Summers, everything he taught us. I feel like we’re very prepared

double derp as one of the derpest things I've seen written in human history

from the rest from Green's journal so far:

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - "They put me on the board in the meeting room for three hours to see how well I picked up installations – inside zone runs, outside zone runs. They showed me how they would block against 15 different fronts they see on a regular basis, and in order to evaluate whether I understood them, had me answer when they called out those specific fronts. When we got done, they gave me a test to see how much information I retained from the session. I think I did really well because I got some real good feedback from that workout."

Houston Texans - "We spent about 45 minutes working out and did a lot of it inside the weight room because there was some weather ... We had a nice 45-minute grind and then spent an hour – it was a little different than other teams – in the board room. Houston’s offensive line coach [Mike Devlin] didn’t teach us their schemes as much; he put on a lot of the things we did and we just explained our basic protections, basic run plays, why we did certain things that he saw us do on film. He wanted to know if it was something we were coached to do or something we picked up naturally. Devlin, I liked him a lot. He’s a real down-to-Earth guy. He just spoke to us about the whole process in general, what to expect at the next level. We went to lunch and had a great visit overall."

Dallas Cowboys - "we had the longest workout I’ve had to this point. Myself, D.J. and Max were out there, and we were probably out on the field for two hours. We spent the first 45 minutes doing a lot of agility drills, flexibility drills; he wanted to see how we could move as athletes. We did bag drills, foot quickness drills, and then the last half was straight football. We covered everything as far as blocking, pulling, pass protection, changing direction, hip explosion, balance, strength. That was another great grind, and then we watched some film as well. We spent another hour and a half on one protection that they run, one of their main protections. We were in there grinding for a good hour and a half as well, so it was a long day."

New Orleans Saints - "had already seen me on film, so we talked through some base plays, my technique and how I think on the field."

San Diego Chargers - "We did some board work for a good two hours, the same thing as before, going over how they call their plays and how I retained the information installation."

"Coming out of all these workouts and interviews, it is unanimous from the coaches that [Florida offensive line coach] Mike Summers prepared us tremendously. That’s some feedback we’re getting from the next level. From a technique standpoint on the field and also a mental standpoint in the game of football, guys from the next level say we’re really well prepared and that’s a credit to Coach Summers, everything he taught us. I feel like we’re very prepared

Yeah lets play football on the paper.

he wouldn’t be invited to the board tests if he wasn't a great prospect physically and on film. Get your head out of your ass.

Keep acting like you are something, Mr. Scout, I forget that the offseason is your time to live as an "draft expert" lol

he wouldn’t be invited to the board tests if he wasn't a great prospect physically and on film. Get your head out of your ass.

I think "great prospect" is overstating it.  By a lot.

Teams are just trying to figure out whether he's worth a late round flier pick or a phone call for a tryout if he goes undrafted.

This is something that could have a much larger effect on our DLine than most think.  It would absolutely be awesome if he could come back with a clear head and purpose

Contract year, coming off of a disappointing year. Yup, gonna be interesting.

I would love to know what Gman is expecting out of Frank. Does he trust him? If so, he may not draft a DE this year. If he is worried about him, maybe DE is high on our board.

Counting on Frank, and not having to draft a DE is huge. I believe that the talent is there. Coupled with missing almost the whole year, and getting his head clear. I am looking for a big year from Big Frank.

Archived