• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good read on Gamble's Struggles

PantherBrew

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/237/story/920403.html

I'm hoping this negativity and film watching embarrassment he must have felt in the film sessions will help motivate a man who maybe got a little "fat and happy" with his new contract.

I dont mind the new zone schemes, I'm still hoping they will have some variations of zone blitzes. Those zone blitzes are monster takeaway makers.

I was thinking of how bad ass smitty would be jamming a receiver off the line.

Also, I also think maybe Trgo's "complicated" playbook was b/c he simply didn't have the talent to run Fox's defense....therefore it had to be complicated to try to make enough adjustments to get something workable......I think a dummy version of a defense we aren't built for could be much worse.....

Gamble is going to get abused this year.....he has never earned his recent hype nor his paycheck. Put Gamble out in coverage w/ a below average pass rush and it is going to be a disaster.....Gamble wasn't even that good last year (which is what people will claim). Gamble didn't force guys to throw to the other side....the other side simply sucked much more and was too tempting. Gamble is pretty good on the short passes.....he has always been a disappointment when asked to drop back.

People can moan about Peppers all they want.....I think you can easily argue other guys have contracts that make less sense.

Gamble isn't a Rhodes scholar but football smarts do not necessarily correlate to the Wonderlic. Besides I thought this scheme was supposed to be more simple?

How smart do you have to be to not let a guy get by your bump off the line?? I know it doesn't take any sort of brain power to run fast. The biggest problem I had with him the other night is that he was getting slapped around by a geezer off the line and then didn't have the speed to catch him afterwards...

Archived