• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Four slots

Mr. Scot

Looking over the roster/depth chart as it stands now, and keeping in mind much of what I've rad over the past few weeks, I picked out four slots I could reasonably see being filled by someone who is not currently on roster.

Fifth Wide Receiver (assuming the team keeps five, which I think they will)

Starting Left Defensive Tackle (the most obvious choice)

Backup Left Defensive Tackle (possible no one sticks here but Lewis and Irvin)

Long Snapper (possibly the least likely, but I do think Jansen could be booted for a good enough replacement)

There's almost always a certain amount of turnover beyond just the basic cuts, and generally the team ends up with at least one or two guys that were in someone else's camp at the beginning of the offseason.

This is where I can picture those moves shaking out.

Agree, or have alternate suggestions?

I think Beaver is gone too. As far as DT goes, I think someone will get brought in, but I will be shocked if Hayden doesn't make the team. He has been playing way too much during the preseason. I guess you never know though. I personally like Favorite better, but if we bring someone else in do you guys see us keeping 5 DTs?

WR....i see us going with 5. like cyberjag said, the 5th receiver was primarily there in the past for special teams. we have goodson, munnerlynn, and moore that are going to be handling the returns. all three of those pretty much have a roster spot assured at this point. no need for a 5th, especially when the TE is apparently going to be used more and goodson will for the most part be seen as a receiver when the other two backs are healthy.

i'd rather see that roster spot be used for something that is giving us more problems.

i think you are right about DT and the backup DT. i think hayden and favorite could stick around, more likely hayden. lewis and irvin are the only two i really see staying, though. we'll most likely get someone else in.

long snapper i think we are set with barring any really botched games.

i dont see us keeping 5 DT i think we bring in someone and we atleast get rid of favorite all though i like his size better than hayden. I would not be hurt to see them both go and bring 2 better big guys. I think lewis and irvin can handle the 1 gap spot with brayton as a fill in as well and we need 2 big 2 gap guys, preferably 1 we trade for and one we get off of cuts if they are better than favorite.

Archived