• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you be open to this Star trade? (very hypothetical)

PanthersUnited

Just curious, how did you think this would go over?

At this point, it doesn't even matter if you created the greatest thread in the history of the huddle, you've made so many bad ones that nobody will ever take you seriously.

My advice: lay off for a while, hope people forget, and when you do create a thread again (hopefully in like a year), don't create any more absurdly stupid ones.

I.... like it.

In the land of "What if", this makes sense. We get Cooper for free. All we would need would be for Goldman to pan out, and the Raider be willing to trade for Stah.

Me actually getting lucky tonight. That might could happen. Fingerz crossed. The Raiders trading for Stah. Not so much.

#PU, keep up the good work. It's dirty job. But someone's gotta do it.  :cool:

To all of you people bashing the OP, what the crap else are we talking about? Nothing. I'd rather have a conversation about things that will never happen the the other boring crap that's been going on. Stop with the hypocritical whining already.

Thank you for that. Compared to some of the moves by some teams this off season, my trade scenario pales in comparison. I think it's reasonable. Raiders get a sure fire player in Star that has proven his heart is fine, has NFL experience and is still young vs then rolling the dice on a unproven player that might or might not pan out.

Also keep in mind that Star was a top 5 lock if his heart thing didn't scare teams away so Oakland would be practically still be getting a top 4/top 5 pick.

Would make sense for both sides

I.... like it.

In the land of "What if", this makes sense. We get Cooper for free. All we would need would be for Goldman to pan out, and the Raider be willing to trade for Stah.

Me actually getting lucky tonight. That might could happen. Fingerz crossed. The Raiders trading for Stah. Not so much.

#PU, keep up the good work. It's dirty job. But someone's gotta do it. :cool:

I think the Raiders would atleast entertain the idea. Star is only 24, has proven he can beast on the NFL level and the Raiders wanted him anyway before he heart thing. Either roll the dice on a unproven rookie or get a sure fire stud like Star that is still young.

I.... like it.

#PU, keep up the good work. It's dirty job. But someone's gotta do it. :cool:

You're an evil bastard. You know that, right? :blink:

Just curious, how did you think this would go over?

At this point, it doesn't even matter if you created the greatest thread in the history of the huddle, you've made so many bad ones that nobody will ever take you seriously.

My advice: lay off for a while, hope people forget, and when you do create a thread again (hopefully in like a year), don't create any more absurdly stupid ones.

I'm ok with that, I like starting healthy discussion and I have always been contrarian and outside the box thinker.. Being a Skip Bayless isn't easy but someone has to do it I suppose :)

You can't make a trade like this ahead of time assuming that Goldman would be there at 25. If he gets drafted before our pick then we're down to Cole as our starting DT and we have a HUGE hole there. No GM in their right mind would make this gamble under a silly assumption like that...that's the main reason why this trade will never happen and it's pretty silly to even entertain the idea.

You can't make a trade like this ahead of time assuming that Goldman would be there at 25. If he gets drafted before our pick then we're down to Cole as our starting DT and we have a HUGE hole there. No GM in their right mind would make this gamble under a silly assumption like that...that's the main reason why this trade will never happen and it's pretty silly to even entertain the idea.

Yeah the trade would have to happen at pick 25 with the Raiders having already taken Cooper and those types of trades never happen in the NFL. Only 1st round pick I can remember being traded after being picked is Eli and that was a very different situation.

This trade doesn't do that.

You don't give away a third year guy who's proven valuable for an unproven rookie.

In this scenario, you're giving away a proven guy for two unproven rookies.  Cooper is in all the headlines, but that doesn't mean he's going to be a good pro.  Then the guy at 25, uh... honestly I didn't read that far  :unsure:

Archived