• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you be open to this Star trade? (very hypothetical)

PanthersUnited

What did Detroit give up for Ngata? Like a 5th or 6th????

Yea, Oakland could've done yet. Why would they be that stupid to trade away the 4th pick.

Think people! Think!

Ngata is much older and has been on the decline for a couple seasons now. Star is a sure fire stud DT that the Raiders liked to begin with and is only 24 years old. Either draft an unproven rookie of get a sure fire stud like Star. Not as hard of a decision as you think

Ngata is much older and has been on the decline for a couple seasons now. Star is a sure fire stud DT that the Raiders liked to begin with and is only 24 years old. Either draft an unproven rookie of get a sure fire stud like Star. Not as hard of a decision as you think

so then why the hell would we want to draft an unproven rookie instead of KEEPING a sure fire stud like Star. Do you even think before you type?

Don't trade away good young players unless there's some problem with them (contract or otherwise).

I realize the draft is when everyone covets all the shiny new toys, but this isn't a car lease and rookies aren't always better than what you already have.

so then why the hell would we want to draft an unproven rookie instead of KEEPING a sure fire stud like Star. Do you even think before you type?

Of course there is risk, but we would have more to gain by drafting Cooper as well, sure you could also argue that bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush, which is also a valid argument when it comes to this

Of course there is risk, but we would have more to gain by drafting Cooper as well, sure you could also argue that bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush, which is also a valid argument when it comes to this

it is the only argument... but thankfully, this will never happen

Strengthening one area by weakening another is not good team building strategy.

To all of you people bashing the OP, what the crap else are we talking about? Nothing. I'd rather have a conversation about things that will never happen the the other boring crap that's been going on. Stop with the hypocritical whining already.

Again, I love Star. People think when someone mentions trading a player it means they hate that player and want to get rid of him. Sometimes you just have to make a trade if it makes your team better. I care about one thing only and that's winning, I am open to any move that makes the Panthers a better team. Pure and simple, and a trade like this in my opinion would make us a overall better team.

Not because Star is bad but because I feel we could draft someone near or at his level while also getting a stud WR with star potential (no pun intended) and all while not mortgaging our future

Archived