• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you be open to this Star trade? (very hypothetical)

PanthersUnited

Why so much Star hate?

He doesn't make a bunch of highlight reel plays or score points

Star is kind of taken for granted around here yet he's so crucial to what we do on defense. Most NTs just aren't as good as soon as he was. Day one difference maker in the middle of the d-line at a position where most rookies just get shoved around.

I agree 100%, Star is a beast. This is purely a business move not a football move. I think Goldman could be equally as good so our D line dominance stays intact all the while we add a stud WR in Cooper without mortgaging our future by dealing draft picks.

Too many people get emotionally attached to these players. Why wouldn't you want a WR like Cooper withou downgrading our team nor giving up draft picks?! Makes no sense to me

Goldman, like every NFL draft prospect, is an unknown commodity in the NFL.  You can't assume that he's going to be equal to Star.  You can't even come close to assuming that.  There's a reason why very few proven NFL players who are on their rookie contracts get traded.  GMs treasure those players.  It's the best bang for the buck you can possibly get.

Archived