• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Smoking Be Banned in the Stadium

Hell no I'd love this brah :P

I think the burden should lie on those trying to prove it is a problem. So far the only study that was performed was very flawed. Feel free to research it... I had to for stupid English 111 Expository Writing.

I guess all the Doctors and Health Instructors I've heard say it is harmful are stupid then.

I guess all the Doctors and Health Instructors I've heard say it are stupid then.

Not at all... the question is where do they get their information on the subject? Did they do their own study? It's not a question of stupidity.

Anyway I'm done for now, like I said before people are going to be against it and will not be convinced otherwise by my feeble attempts at argument and I am fine with that... maybe I can come up with some better discussion on the subject tomorrow.

Hell no I'd love this brah :P

I think the burden should lie on those trying to prove it is a problem. So far the only study that was performed was very flawed. Feel free to research it... I had to for stupid English 111 Expository Writing.

I would like to know where you get this one study stuff from?

I'm sure all the billions of dollars in lawsuits that have been settled have not been done so with only one study being performed. No major multi gazillion dollar business in the world would ever lose a case if that were true.

Neither would their lawyers. :rolleyes:

Dude what gives u the right to tell them what to do? This state was built on tobacco. Take your friggin rolls into the club level.

I'm in the Club Level and we have 'rooms' just for this putrid habit...push'em in there, shut the door and let'em puff away....whatever it takes to keep that crap out of my face.

The law changes on January 2, I believe. Will this mean no smoking in the stadium next season?

I wish it were this year, to be honest. I'm fed up with people smoking on and around the concourses when they know they are supposed to go to the smoking areas. Try asking a smoker, politely, to move to one of the smoking areas they tell you you're a Richard. And then try to get an usher or someone to do something about it and it's a joke.

If you're a smoker, please go to the smoking area.

When did the stadium become a building? The new law will have no effect on smoking areas at BOA but since it is a private stadium Richardson can ban smoking there anytime he wants.

Pretty amazed anyone would be THAT upset if it were banned. I mean, if you are at a game and you would normally smoke, but can't, not only does that help you go through a day smoking less, but also contributes to more $$$ in your pocket as you will be smoking less. If you genuinely can't go through a game without smoking, then you clearly are not rational, as you are letting your addiction rule your life.

Over here in the UK you would be hard pressed to find ANY public space, bar the great outdoors that lets you smoke. Stadiums, bars, restaurants, pubs, public transport all have a strict no smoking policy set up by the government a couple of years back. My God it has made a HUGE difference. You can actually go to restaurants and not have the smell and taste of the expensive food you have just ordered go to waste. You can go to a club and come out smelling moderately ok, at least the ladies can still smell that cheap aftershave you bought and splashed all over yourself. You can safely sit on a bus/train and not be struggling for breath as there a plume of smoke lazily sitting in the top two feet of the carriage. These actually used to happen here, smoking was a big big problem, but now the recorded number of smokers has dropped dramatically. Those 'social' smokers have stopped and it's only the true addicts that are still puffing away in their homes and their cars. Trust me when I say this. Smokers are not harmed by not smoking at games, non smokers are harmed by smokers smoking at games. It's simple math really, which scenario provides the most people with least health risks?

The smark alecs who are commenting about car emissions? Our government is forcing car manufacturers to do exchange set ups, where the gov provides a free £5,000 grant in exchange for cars in the bracket which had little to no legislation on their emissions in exchange for ones with strict guidelines. It's not perfect but it is a start in the right direction. They are trying to cut out these emissions, just like they are trying to cut out smoking. So, just because the USA or whatever state you are in does not currently do these things, they will. Guarentee it. Then one year down the line you will be able to look back and thank whatever you pray to that they went forward with it.

Oh and those who are trying to dispute scientific proof about smoking and passive smoking are crazy. I studied human biology for three years at uni, so I had to read a ton of scientific papers on this and trust me, it's not pretty. I swear 99% of true addicted smokers think 'The Man' is trying to lie to them about the health risks. Almost all addicted smokers I have met seem to think that the science is made up and its just scare tactics. It's not. In actuality 'The Man' loves that you continue to smoke. The tax on those babies is out of this world, but they are publically comdemming smokers and only allowing it because of free choice. So they win. They look good because they let you know the health risks, you throw the money at them.

So I suppose one way to look at it, is if you love your goverment, carry on smoking! If not, you are giving them hudreds to tousands of $ every year to fund things you disagree with.

When did the stadium become a building? The new law will have no effect on smoking areas at BOA but since it is a private stadium Richardson can ban smoking there anytime he wants.

The stadium became a building when it was built. But you are right, this law won't apply to BOA Stadium. I'm pretty sure it only applies to bars, restaurants, and government buildings.

How about taxing it out of existence instead? Doesn't anyone give a damn about personal freedom any more? Or are you all just as addicted to being able to tell someone else what they can and can't do as a smoker is to nicotine?

Hell, I don't smoke and I don't give a damn if you do. I may not like being in a small confined space with someone lighting up, but I sure recognize unreasonable when I see it. Telling you to knock it off just because I catch a whiff of your smoke when we're outside just reeks of unreasonable. Frankly, I would rather smell a cigarette than a fart, and think it does less harm.

I don't get why people have to leave their seats for a cigarette, but they do. And if it's banned, then that's just too bad. Maybe they should ban cursing too, I sure would have rather smelled someone's marlboro on the wind than listen to the guy behind me who couldn't go four words without dropping an F-bomb the other night.

But freedom and all that. I respect it.

This is where people who talk about personal freedom and rights are way off base. You do NOT have a right to drink alcohol, smoke. etc.... It is a privelage. Privelages can be regulated and taken away.

I guess eating is a privilege too, how silly of me to think otherwise.

It's amazing how much has changed in attitudes in just one generation.

If you want to talk about someone's right to smoke where they want.....how about someone's right not to be exposed to second hand smoke?

I don't have an issue with people smoking at a bar...I expect it there.

I do like the smoking ban at restaurants. It is nice to enjoy a meal without smelling someone else's cigarette.

The issue at the stadium is that there are rules put into place on where you can smoke. The people in the concourse believe the rules do not apply to them. Smoke if you want...just do it in the assigned areas. that way the smokers get their fix....and the non-smokers get to enjoy somewhat clean air.

I enjoy a nice cigar every now and then. However, I respect and establishment's right to tell me whether I can smoke it there or not.

Lastly, the fact that you would compare smoking to eating is more than ridiculous.

Archived