• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Smoking Be Banned in the Stadium

The amount of sound created by a stadium crowd is significant enough to damage your hearing over time. So the example stands whether someone yells directly (ouch) in your ear or not.

But at this point I think you are avoiding the point of my argument and trying to nitpick details.

<3 KillerKat I guess we won't see eye to eye on this one :)

Yeah i think i got what you meant with the 2nd post.

Also I love how smokers take up the Rosa Parks mentality. "I WILL NOT SMOKE IN A SMOKING ONLY SECTION, IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY SMOKING, YOU MOVE AWAY!"

"We shall perserveeeeeeeeeeeeere."

I agree that is disrespectful.

That's people for you.

The same right that fans in the fervor of the moment have to invade my hearing with damagingly intense soundwaves. (I am not actually against this but it is an equivalent example)

That statement is equivalent to someone saying they blame the musicians, or the speaker manufacturers, or musical instrument manufacturers, at the Heavy Metal concert they attended for damaging their hearing. If you don't want your hearing invaded by loud noises, then you have the choice to not go.

They chose to go, and knew it was gonna be loud, and you know the same is true about stadium noise......so wrong example.

I guess you would blame the Lord/Jesus/God/ or whomever it is you worship, or maybe even Ben Franklin, for getting soaking wet, and struck by lightning while you go outside and play in a thunderstorm as well.....don't you?

People that don't smoke, don't choose to go to places where they know they will be bothered by some jackass that could care less if they invade someones right to not be bothered by said smoke.

Most people I know that can't stand smoke, are allergic to smoke, or just flat don't like inhaling smoke while eating their salad, watching a game, or wiping their ass.....just don't choose an environment where they have to DEAL with it.

Smokers should just inject air into their veins and f**king get it over with already.
Truth for once.

I don't really care much about your rights as a smoker, hell as a human being in general. I'm pretty much more important, better, and more evolved than you anyway and in any way that counts. Your choice to smoke just reaffirms my belief you're an idiot. You're just borrowing my air and I expect to get repaid on that loan, in full, before you hack up your brown lungs and die while taking that one last toke through your tracheotomy tube before you meet the Marlboro Man.

That statement is equivalent to someone saying they blame the musicians at the Heavy Metal concert they attended for damaging their hearing. If you don't want your hearing invaded by loud noises, then you have the choice to not go.

They chose to go, and knew it was gonna be loud, and you know the same is true about stadium noise......so wrong example.

I guess you would blame the Lord/Jesus/God/ or whomever it is you worship for getting soaking wet, and struck by lightning while you go outside and play in a thunderstorm as well.....don't you?

People that don't smoke, don't choose to go to places where they know they will be bothered by some jackass that could care less if they invade someones right to not be bothered by said smoke.

Most people I know that can't stand smoke, are allergic to smoke, or just flat don't like inhaling smoke while eating their salad, watching a game, or wiping their ass.....just don't choose an environment where they have to DEAL with it.

By the same coin you KNOW that people could be smoking, especially when gathered into large crowds, and yet you (general not direct) choose to go there and get angry when they do. But yes you did pick out the frivolous details that I thought everyone would be able to quickly understand which my poorly illustrated argument was using to relay a greater point. Perhaps I should try harder next time I use allusion and relation together. (crap I hope I said that right starting to get kinda drunkish)

Despite all of that I like what you say at the end of your post. If you do not like it avoid it yourself. Do not impose what you want on others.

edit: Crap I gotta stay out of this thread.

By the same coin you KNOW that people could be smoking, especially when gathered into large crowds, and yet you (general not direct) choose to go there and get angry when they do. But yes you did pick out the frivolous details that I thought everyone would be able to quickly understand which my poorly illustrated argument was using to relay a greater point. Perhaps I should try harder next time I use allusion and relation together. (crap I hope I said that right starting to get kinda drunkish)

Despite all of that I like what you say at the end of your post. If you do not like it avoid it yourself. Do not impose what you want on others.

:D :rofl:

By the same coin you KNOW that people could be smoking, especially when gathered into large crowds, and yet you (general not direct) choose to go there and get angry when they do.

This is just asinine. So non-smokers should just stay inside and never go out in public? What kind of messed up logic is that? The whole point of what me and electro are saying is non-smokers don't have a choice of where to go because a smoker can be anywhere and decide to light one up at any time because the smoker just doesn't give a damn and forces the non-smoker to deal with it.

Archived