• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Smoking Be Banned in the Stadium

If smokers just knew what was in those cigarettes. Before PM shut down in Concord, that was one of my accounts. They used to spray these pesticides in the large storage warehouses twice a year. No living being could enter these warehouses for 2 days because if you did, it would drop you like a fly almost instantly. They would bring these huge machines that hooked up to a huge connection built right on the side of the warehouse and fumigate. And you should have seen some of the insects that were killed. Most from like Costa Rica, Bolivia, etc... Small animals that were trapped in these building had no chance. Plus the fact that they spray pure nicotine right back onto the tobacco product to make it more potent and more addictive.

If they come into my own space and light up, they should be the one's moving their own ass. Not me. And yes I would be glad if smoking was banned. Smoking has killed so many people and it's harming others around them when they light up too. Invading someone else's personal space and harming them 'cause you yourself dont care about the health risks. To me, that's no different than harassment and has nothing to do with freedom. People have the freedom to demonstrate. But when it gets out of hand and the demonstrators start getting violent and people start getting hurt, that's crossing the line. People smoking in public and harming others is crossing the line.
I guess you want to ban guns too, huh? How about alcohol? That's caused a lot fo deaths. Are fatty foods next? What about preservatives? At what point do you stop feeling comfortable telling people what they can and can't do for their own good?

For what it's worth, I respect your personal space and would be offended on your behalf if someone invaded it to smoke, curse, fart, belch, or whatever. But when you want to extend your bubble out beyond a few feet, well that's just unreasonable.

And again, I don't smoke. I just respect the rights of those who choose to

I guess you want to ban guns too, huh? How about alcohol? That's caused a lot fo deaths. Are fatty foods next? What about preservatives? At what point do you stop feeling comfortable telling people what they can and can't do for their own good?

For what it's worth, I respect your personal space and would be offended on your behalf if someone invaded it to smoke, curse, fart, belch, or whatever. But when you want to extend your bubble out beyond a few feet, well that's just unreasonable.

If someone is carrying a gun, beer, and double stacker from burger king, that doesn't affect someone standing next to you. Also, I don't think he has a problem with someone smoking several feet from him, just next to him. When referring to a stadium, you are seated very close to each other.

Not everyone that drinks goes out driving. Like I said before, drinking in your home and drunk driving are two different things. When I brought that up, i was discussing the former. Drunk driving is already against the law anyway. Fatty foods is a person's own choice and only harms that person. Owning a gun is a person's own choice, but shooting someone is already against the law. However, Public smoking is not against the law or banned and it should because it harms others.

If someone is carrying a gun, beer, and double stacker from burger king, that doesn't affect someone standing next to you. Also, I don't think he has a problem with someone smoking several feet from him, just next to him. When referring to a stadium, you are seated very close to each other.

The gun could discharge involuntairily and kill you.

The beer could make a person violent in a public setting and cause serious bodily harm to someone else.

The double stacker could induce a heart attack and cause a large person to fall on you.

Guest Hulk Hogan

Dude what gives u the right to tell them what to do? This state was built on tobacco. Take your friggin rolls into the club level.

You shouldnt be smoking there little dude! Instead you should eat your vitamins, say your prayers, and beleive in the power of Hulkamania! BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER! BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER!

I think the world would be a veritable utopia if we could just remove all risk of anything from KK's life.

That city bus that passes you on your walk to the Stadium probably puts more harmful poo in your lungs than the last 100 smokers who lit up in your presence. And your body probably deals with the crap in the same way, and within minutes it was as if nothing ever happened.

Don't take away freedoms. No matter how much you think doing so is justified, it only encourages people to take away other freedoms that satisfy their own personal agendas. Before you know it alcohol is banned, it's against the law to smoke pot, and you can't put plastic lawn furniture on your front porch because the HOA has somehow determined that it decreases overall property values.

Encourage people to quit, promote healthy lifestyles, and ask businesses to help your cause. But don't take away freedoms. It's not as cool as you might think.

I think the world would be a veritable utopia if we could just remove all risk of anything from KK's life.

That city bus that passes you on your walk to the Stadium probably puts more harmful poo in your lungs than the last 100 smokers who lit up in your presence. And your body probably deals with the crap in the same way, and within minutes it was as if nothing ever happened.

Don't take away freedoms. No matter how much you think doing so is justified, it only encourages people to take away other freedoms that satisfy their own personal agendas. Before you know it alcohol is banned, it's against the law to smoke pot, and you can't put plastic lawn furniture on your front porch because the HOA has somehow determined that it decreases overall property values.

Encourage people to quit, promote healthy lifestyles, and ask businesses to help your cause. But don't take away freedoms. It's not as cool as you might think.

I agree BUT I believe you commit the slippery slope fallacy in this argument.

My point was that it harms others and therefore should be banned. Anything that harms others crosses the line of freedom in my book.

As far as any other thing you discussed, if something harms other people around you, it should be fixed. Cash for clunkers is a start for the vehicle problem you brought up. However I believe there should be more AFFORDABLE electric vehicles out on the market to cut down on the carbon dioxide and I believe we should already have a alternative to oil. Then eventually all these carbon dioxide expelling vehicles you see now would be obsolete. But I dont want to get off topic here. Like I said, if it harms others around you it should be banned and public smoking does.

Archived