• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Smoking Be Banned in the Stadium

Dude what gives u the right to tell them what to do? This state was built on tobacco. Take your friggin rolls into the club level.

Yeah, what gives you the right to tell them what to do. If they want to get cancer and die, let them do it on their own time. Damn non-smokers. not wanting to get a little second hand smoke and get a worse dose of smoke inhalation

If you can smoke in my face I should be allowed to punch you in yours. Personal freedoms and all....

<<<<ex smoker :D

Congrats! When did you quit? I seem to remember you smoking at tailgates last year.

And smoking in your face is a far cry from sitting ten feet away in the outdoors, right? :)

KK, you are free to move away from someone who smokes, or to choose not to attend an event where it is allowed, or to just plain go away. That might be inconvenient to you though, so you want to take someone else's freedom away, and then tell them it's for their own good. That just sucks.

You don't have any right to tell me what to do or what not to do. Make your own decisions, don't make mine.

can everyone just call me Klong from now on? i don't want to be confused with others. :cool:

I quit over a year ago...haven't had a single one since then. You might be thinking of 2 years ago. March 16th 2008....and smoking ten feet away is not in my face.

Glad to hear you quit, whenever it was. When you get old the years tend to run together... ;)

BTW, if I decide to smoke and blow it in your face, do me a favor and go for the jaw. Maybe if I'm forced into a liquid diet I can finally get that last 10 pounds off... :)

I understand that being able to smoke around others is a freedom allowed to everyone, but why should one persons addiction be anothers health hazard? And to those who mentioned something about vehicles being an environmental/health hazard, are they not improving the toxins emitted from vehicles by "going green" (I.E. Hybrids)? Oh right, why improve when there are other causes for the same thing? It's pointless. As for the topic, I believe smoking should be disallowed.

KK, you are free to move away from someone who smokes, or to choose not to attend an event where it is allowed, or to just plain go away. That might be inconvenient to you though, so you want to take someone else's freedom away, and then tell them it's for their own good. That just sucks.

You don't have any right to tell me what to do or what not to do. Make your own decisions, don't make mine.

If they come into my own space and light up, they should be the one's moving their own ass. Not me. And yes I would be glad if smoking was banned. Smoking has killed so many people and it's harming others around them when they light up too. Invading someone else's personal space and harming them 'cause you yourself dont care about the health risks. To me, that's no different than harassment and has nothing to do with freedom. People have the freedom to demonstrate. But when it gets out of hand and the demonstrators start getting violent and people start getting hurt, that's crossing the line. People smoking in public and harming others is crossing the line.

What is the percentage of people diagnosed with cancer due to second hand smoke vs. the percentage of people diagnosed with cancer due to high tension power lines being built near their home?

I actually don't know and it's simply a legitimate curiosity, not directly aimed at you. Your post just made me think of it for some reason.

http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=35422

Archived