• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Smoking Be Banned in the Stadium

Drunk in your home and drunk driving is 2 different things. I'm speaking of course of the former. You already know what smoking does to your body, but it's even more harmful to the people that have to suffer with secondhand smoke. Just because you don't care about the effects of smoking to your body doesn't mean others around you don't care about themselves as well and have to suffer because of your poor decision.

credibility, is that you? you are so so far away across the sea of retarded assertions, i can barely make out your sweet reassuring face.

Drunk in your home and drunk driving is 2 different things. I'm speaking of course of the former. You already know what smoking does to your body, but it's even more harmful to the people that have to suffer with secondhand smoke. Just because you don't care about the effects of smoking to your body doesn't mean others around you don't care about themselves as well and have to suffer because of your poor decision.

FYI. They do allow smoking at the Huddle Tailgates.

What is the percentage of people diagnosed with cancer due to second hand smoke vs. the percentage of people diagnosed with cancer due to high tension power lines being built near their home?

I actually don't know and it's simply a legitimate curiosity, not directly aimed at you. Your post just made me think of it for some reason.

When i say "you" i don't mean you personally.

look man, you mean the best, i get it.

here's my problem and the end of the conversation on my behalf: people have too much news and too little vision, it shouldn't be so much to ask for people to get a little context and perspective before waving the 'legislate it' stick.

:patriot:

How about taxing it out of existence instead? Doesn't anyone give a damn about personal freedom any more? Or are you all just as addicted to being able to tell someone else what they can and can't do as a smoker is to nicotine?

Hell, I don't smoke and I don't give a damn if you do. I may not like being in a small confined space with someone lighting up, but I sure recognize unreasonable when I see it. Telling you to knock it off just because I catch a whiff of your smoke when we're outside just reeks of unreasonable. Frankly, I would rather smell a cigarette than a fart, and think it does less harm.

I don't get why people have to leave their seats for a cigarette, but they do. And if it's banned, then that's just too bad. Maybe they should ban cursing too, I sure would have rather smelled someone's marlboro on the wind than listen to the guy behind me who couldn't go four words without dropping an F-bomb the other night.

But freedom and all that. I respect it.

I would be very glad if smoking was banned all together. I mean I dont like smelling another person's smoke not only because of the health risks, but because it was not my poor decision to decide to light up and not give a damn about the risks to my body. It was someone elses choice and they're violating me with their smoke because they don't give a damn. There's a difference between freedom and abusing that freedom to where it harms others. Thats the way I see it. And thats why I feel we have the right to tell them where to smoke.

KK, you are free to move away from someone who smokes, or to choose not to attend an event where it is allowed, or to just plain go away. That might be inconvenient to you though, so you want to take someone else's freedom away, and then tell them it's for their own good. That just sucks.

You don't have any right to tell me what to do or what not to do. Make your own decisions, don't make mine.

They keep trying that. It just won't die. Smokers do, smoking doesn't.

For example, if a pack of cigarettes costs $5 in NC, a little better than $4 of that exists as taxes, either as an impuned tax or as a sales tax.

Yeah, I get that. I don't like it a lot, but at least it leaves people with a choice. After they stamp out tobacco I bet they start on alcohol.

Wait, aren't they already doing that next year?

Archived