• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is/are the WR scouts?

pstall

I would make the argument that Drew Carter was good for the role he played. Keary Colbert was excellent in his rookie year, and what happened after that the world shall never know, In retrospect there is no way to justify drafting a kid that ran close to a 4.7, however no one will deny Jarrett offered some upside.

I don't think we've been as bad at WR as some would like to think, Ryne Robinson wasn't brought in to be a major WR for us by any stretch...he was an electrifying kick returner in College and that's what we needed him to be in the NFL.

I think WR is just a hard position to evaluate, just ask the Lions. Wideouts can put up big numbers in college based soley on their athletic gifts. Plus alot of them look better because of the system the run (spread). Same goes with QB. If you don't see them in a prostyle offense it is hard to evaluate their jump to the next level. Or, in Jarretts case, they may just be athletically superior to everyone else they play against, but just don't have the ability to make the next step in the NFL.

While I agree with most of what's been said, I still can't get over how the Panthers overlook college's that crank out the postions that they do.

Finally they go get a Gamecock DB...and look at Captain.

Gamble does ok. Marshall, while I will finally get his chance this season.

Bottom line. Louisville and SC just don't produce offensive players.

If Moose hadn't returned, don't you think Jarrett would have gotten a lot more opportunities last year? He would have started third with Hackett as the number two, and overtaken him mid-season.

He's got talent, but he needs to use it in games and to do that he has to get the opportunities.

If Moose hadn't returned, don't you think Jarrett would have gotten a lot more opportunities last year? He would have started third with Hackett as the number two, and overtaken him mid-season.

He's got talent, but he needs to use it in games and to do that he has to get the opportunities.

from what i've seen/heard, it wasn't that he wasn't on the field, it's that he didn't get open. if you're not open, you're not gonna get fed the ball.

Well you have admit jake throws the ball to Steve smith alot of times when he's not open

Smith has earned that kind of trust because n a tight spot he always fights for the ball (and usually wins).

Would anyone care to argue that Jarrett has earned the same level of trust?

I would make the argument that Drew Carter was good for the role he played. Keary Colbert was excellent in his rookie year, and what happened after that the world shall never know, In retrospect there is no way to justify drafting a kid that ran close to a 4.7, however no one will deny Jarrett offered some upside.

I don't think we've been as bad at WR as some would like to think, Ryne Robinson wasn't brought in to be a major WR for us by any stretch...he was an electrifying kick returner in College and that's what we needed him to be in the NFL.

I heard/saw somewhere that Jerry Rice's pro day was a 4.71

Archived