• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Predict the % of Steelers fans in the stadium

mush

Guest Hulk Hogan

Where are you from?

I live down here in Tampa Florida dude! Home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers brother! Me and all my Hulkamaniacs cant stand the bucs dude!

BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER! BROTHER BROTHER BROTHER!

I think I will just explode when I here someone at the stadium explain to me that they are born and raised here and they are a Panthers fan except when we play the Steelers.

I lived here 36 years before we got an NFL team . I would have to drive to Atlanta to see an live NFL game. I pulled for the Steelers in the 70's and when Dweight Clark went to the 49ers I pulled for the 49ers till the Panthers came here.

I steal like the Steelers and the 49ers but Cherlotte has an NFL team now and my children are Panther fans and my grandchildren will grow up to be Panther fans.

My point is ,if you're from Pennsylvania and you live here now put on your Steelers jersey and come enjoy the game here. But if you're from here and pull for the Steelers YOU ARE A TRAITOR..

50/50

Same goes for all the Cowboy fans in NC... except they are by far the most douchiest of all bandwagon fans.

5% true Steeler fans-35% bandwaggon Steeler fans.

I was listening to the Frank and Buck radio program and Brenson Buckner,who once played for the Steelers, commented on how the Steelers had an almost nonexistent fan base until they won their SuperBowls.

The true fans are from the Pittsburg area and the local so called Steeler fans,just want to ride a winners bandwaggon,but are the type to drop off if the winner suddenly becomes a loser.

I'm actually glad I've got the State game to go to this Thursday just so I don't have to see our stadium taken over by Steelers fans.

Yep....now that is as good a reason as any. Don't show, so the other team fans can, and still have the nerve to complain about it......NICE.

Can't be taken over if the seats are full of Panther fans, but I understand(didn't say I approve) this coming from a State fan.

:mad:

I would rather have 75% Steeler fans in our house than 5% Dallas fans anytime. I've been going to Panther games for many years and I can honestly say a Steeler fan has much more class than a Cowpuke.... but for a game that doesn't mean anything that falls on a Thursday night, I'm gonna say 30%.

This is what Devil Cat, an older person,that has been around for sometime, posted on another thread, his information should give you some insight on how bandwaggon the current group of Steeler fans are.

"True To Your Team...

"Had a coversation with a Steeler fan about being loyal to your team. Now this individual brought up an interesting point ( true or not true I thought it an interesting point). He said that from what he has seen here in the Carolinas, that out of 100 Panther fans , maybe 25% are truly loyal to the core. The other 75% have loyalties to their "other" teams i.e. Cowboys. Steelers etc. The tired notion that the Cats are still building ther fanbase, blah , blah, blah was talked about, along with the obligatory: everyone here (The Carolinas) is from somewhere else (Which pi$$es me off-I mean if fricking Pittsburg and Buffalo are so great why the h3ll did you move here!). Anyway, due to the fact that Im older than dirt, I began to pontificate about how long he had been a Steeler fan ( I have socks older than this guy). He said "all his life"...I told him, that as a boy I remember when the Steelers were the laughing stock of the NFL, (with Terry Hanratty at OB), you could not find a Steeler fan outside of western PA. My point....winning will create fans, because of just that. Not because they represent your home, the place that actually is a part of you...it's just because they win (sad but true). Having said that, I'm happy that the Cats have fans outside the Carolinas. I just tend to look at my relationship with the Panthers as marriage that began for me on October 27, 1993...and you don't leave your wife because she gets sick (see 1-15..uggh!). In closing, I wonder what will happen when teams like the Steelers have several non winning seasons( it will happen someday). What will they do with all those yellow dish rags."

Well at any rate I'll be a Panther fan even if we go 0-16. The Panthers are my favorite team, but I think there are a lot of Panther fans who see the Panthers as their second favorite. If you grew up a Steeler fan, and then move to NC looking for work, you may like the Panthers, but your heart will probably be with the Steelers. I'm behind the Panthers 100% against any team, but it doesn't bother me if other fans aren't. Pay your money to fill the stadium so NC can have a pro team. Boo, cheer, cry, I don't care. The Panthers stay here with your financial support.

Archived