• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will starters play Thursday?

Cyberjag

Fowler thinks they should. I'm inclined to agree with him, and that doesn't happen a ton.

http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2009/08/fox-needs-to-play-starters-vs.html

I want to see if Peppers finally turns it on. You know that "practice with a scoreboard" comment Peppers made to justify his lack of production? Through three games he has two tackles, and that's because he hasn't turned it on I guess.

Through three preseason games last year he had seven tackles, two sacks, and two forced fumbles.

He's just one example of someone I want to see step things up going in to the Eagles game.

Peppers did plenty last week. Go ahead and pencil Brayton's sack in for Pep b/c he created it. The Peppers hate is unreal....there are no threats on the DL and teams can easily make one man a non factor to a large degree when no one else creates an impact. You don't have to double team him either...you simply can run your action away from Peppers.

Sit Williams. Jake and Smitty should play one series and then sit. Same w/ the OL starters. For the defense, play all healthy starters at least the 1st quarter.

Peppers did plenty last week. Go ahead and pencil Brayton's sack in for Pep b/c he created it. The Peppers hate is unreal....there are no threats on the DL and teams can easily make one man a non factor to a large degree when no one else creates an impact. You don't have to double team him either...you simply can run your action away from Peppers.

Sit Williams. Jake and Smitty should play one series and then sit. Same w/ the OL starters. For the defense, play all healthy starters at least the 1st quarter.

i agree with you on peppers. i about died laughing seeing pep jump up and down waving his hands distracting flacco while brayton blind-sided him.

one thing that pep has been doing has been creating opportunities for others. i think i like him more not being on the blind side just because he scares the crap out of the QB. you see him coming at you and you'll piss in your pants if the OT can't hold him long enough. perfect opportunity for the other DEs. brown should benefit the most from this. obviously brayton is able to.

i guess i'm one of the few that doesn't have a problem with the pass rush and using the DEs primarily for this. once we can get a big guy in the middle to occupy a couple blockers it will be really effective...not that it won't be otherwise.

oh....and i'd rather we not have our starters play much on thursday.

as angry as i am with them, esp. the D, for their performance on saturday, i'm not wanting to risk them against the steelers. i'd rather save our guys for games that matter.

we got too many broke important players. steelers will kill you. let's save it for the real games.

i agree with you on peppers. i about died laughing seeing pep jump up and down waving his hands distracting flacco while brayton blind-sided him.

one thing that pep has been doing has been creating opportunities for others. i think i like him more not being on the blind side just because he scares the crap out of the QB. you see him coming at you and you'll piss in your pants if the OT can't hold him long enough. perfect opportunity for the other DEs. brown should benefit the most from this. obviously brayton is able to.

i guess i'm one of the few that doesn't have a problem with the pass rush and using the DEs primarily for this. once we can get a big guy in the middle to occupy a couple blockers it will be really effective...not that it won't be otherwise.

I don't mind the DEs on the roster.....but your average DEs need some help from the DTs to be effective and don't have a single one on the roster (even w/ Kemo) that is remotely effective in pass rushing. You simply can guide most DEs past the QB if there is no pressure from the DTs in a 4 man rush.

oh....and i'd rather we not have our starters play much on thursday.

as angry as i am with them, esp. the D, for their performance on saturday, i'm not wanting to risk them against the steelers. i'd rather save our guys for games that matter.

we got too many broke important players. steelers will kill you. let's save it for the real games.

Yeah we are going to fix all the problems in one series, it would just be for show anyways. Might as well sit them and work on it in practice. If we make a trade or something by then maybe let the DL get some work together but thats it.

I keep thinking back to last year when the Panthers made the Redskins look like a high school team in the 3rd pre season game and Zorn threatened to make the starters play more in the final pre season game. Not because Fox is gonna make any such threat, but because it turned out that the skins weren't nearly as bad as they looked in that pre season game.

Anyway, if the starters go for more than one series, I'll be surprised.

We need to win this damn unimportant game and get some momentum going!! FTW!

Normally I am not wild about playing starters in the last game, but given how they have been playing I would play them. You don't want to go 0-4 in the preseason. Atleast one win is a must.....

Archived