• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prisco: Nice read

Matt Foley

"One-hundred and seventy-four times," Smith said. "Can you believe that?"

"It wasn't close to that, I can tell you that," he said.

"As a wide receiver, I never think we throw the ball enough," Smith said. "I understand completely why people say things about our offense. When you talk Carolina Panthers football, you talk defense and the running game. I just work here and do what I'm told."

"I'm real familiar with the safeties," Smith said. "I have a great relationship with all safeties in the league."

"I sat in the house for six straight days in my pajamas and watched Netflix," Smith said. "That's all I did. I ain't watching it. For what?"

When I asked Fox, Delhomme and Smith if the Panthers throw it well enough to win a Super Bowl, they all said yes.

"I know I'm not going to get 174," Smith said.

What's to worry about Smith's comments?

What he doesn't point out is that 2008 was the first year since 2003 that we ran more than we passed by a large margin. In 2005 we ran about 40 times more than we passed. Otherwise in any other year under Fox we passed more than we ran by a wide margin.

And Smith has always gotten the lion's share since 2005. Prisco is good with sensationalism but not so great with the facts.

Brandon, a member of this forum, did the same thing with an article Prisco wrote last year. He fixed his mistakes then, too.

I can't believe i missed your post. Yeah I actually had a little bit of a chat back and forth with him after that and it pretty much backed up what I was thinking, he is just far too rigid in his viewpoints to really be objective on ANY team.

I can't believe i missed your post. Yeah I actually had a little bit of a chat back and forth with him after that and it pretty much backed up what I was thinking, he is just far too rigid in his viewpoints to really be objective on ANY team.
not surprising.

there may have been some truth to somethings he said but i think he looked at those things from his own feces encrusted lenses and wrote what he saw.

it's his perspective on things that really bugs me. no open mindedness that i can tell. if he doesn't like a team, everything he sees is going to be written from that vantage point.

Besides the now apparently corrected factual errors, I continue to disagree with any description of Delhomme as a game manager. That isn't his style, nor should it be ideally in the Panthers offensive scheme.

More to the point though, someone saying we don't target Steve Smith enough? Oh the irony :sosp:

Archived