• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per league sources, NFL Draft has 16-19 top players; "20th pick same as 50th pick"

gettlemanjack

I love the "experts" acting like they have any clue whatsoever who will turn out to be good players in this draft.  Half, or more, of the first round picks will be a bust just like every other year and literally dozens of non first rounders will turn out to be good to great players just like every other year. 

<p>

I honestly think this is a weak top end draft, not just after 20 or so picks. There might be 4 top 10 worthy players and the rest are either mid to late 1st rounders in any other draft. On the positive, I feel like the value is in the 2nd round talent that I think can extend into the 3rd.

• No legit top 10 LT, most are either tweener OG prospects or RT's.
  • No legit top tier WR such as Calvin Johnson, AJ Green or Larry Fitzgerald, mostly second tier but the depth is stout in this years draft.
  • Both QB's have major question marks about off the field for Winston and ability for Mariota, guys like Petty, Hundley and Grayson have the chance of moving into the 1st if a team trades up.
  • Outside of Vic Beasley, Danny Shelton and Leonard Williams I think the defenders leave a lot to be desired. Fowler is overrated, Gregory would've dropped even without the drug test, Ray is a bust waiting to happen as a 3-4 OLB, Dupree is arguably better than all of them and I think he'll go higher than most are projecting.
  • No 1st round TE.
  • RB is strong this year but the best RB is coming off an ACL, easily the strongest group alongside WR.
  • Minus Trae Waynes, I'd give all the CB's a late 1st or later grade.
  • Landon Collins is great but any other year he'd go in the 20-32 range with no other safety going in the 1st.
  • The best LB Paul Dawson is a major character concern and the others are top of the 2nd prospects.

I agree with most of this, but I strongly disagree with Shane Ray, I think he'll be a very good player within a year or 2, especially if he gets drafted by a team with an already decent dline. I'm curious to hear why you think he's going to bust?

When people say this is "weak draft" or that is a "strong draft". No one can make claims like that with facts to support it. 

2009 in retrospect is one of the worst draft classes in history. 

Four of the top 5 picks were clear busts. Only Mathew Stafford could be called a Super Star in the top 10. 

USA Today had headlines like these: Hard to find a flaw' in Aaron Curry; is he draft's safest pick?

But almost everyone including the Panthers bombed. 

The Eagles however drafted Jeremy Maclin and Lesean McCoy. Lesean McCoy was not a consensus "Top 8 or 9 pick". But he's had some terrific years. 

So when some scout or draft guy says "we have 40 guys that are all the same". No their not. The good front offices will draft the Lesean McCoys and the bad front offices will trade up for the Everette Browns. 

Archived