• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

on paper, our new RB Jordan Todman is an upgrade over Fozzy

gettlemanjack

Jordan is best friends with a friend of mine that I met during my couple years in San Diego (my buddy went to high school with him in Massachusetts). He has a similar back story to Oher that didn't make it to Hollywood. Happy to see him in a Panther uniform and hope he sticks. Might make my friend reach out to him and send me some gear pronto.

Jordan is best friends with a friend of mine that I met during my couple years in San Diego (my buddy went to high school with him in Massachusetts). He has a similar back story to Oher that didn't make it to Hollywood. Happy to see him in a Panther uniform and hope he sticks. Might make my friend reach out to him and send me some gear pronto.

dont be that guy..

My main question is, why did a crummy team like the Jacksonville Jaguars not re-sign a promising young RB like this?  Near the end of the season he was their top RB.  He showed speed and power and looked good.  Not his fault the team was always behind and could never run the ball....

My main question is, why did a crummy team like the Jacksonville Jaguars not re-sign a promising young RB like this? Near the end of the season he was their top RB. He showed speed and power and looked good. Not his fault the team was always behind and could never run the ball....

I like the signing but why didn't the Jaguars keep him?

Because the Jaguars recently signed former 3rd R pick Bernard Pierce who is arguably(?) a better back for what JAX wanted (Ravens recently cut Pierce for failing a field sobriety test after he was caught speeding).

Jags already had the two promising young backs they drafted in 2013 and 2014 in Denard Robinson and Storm Johnson, in addition to their bruiser in 231-pound Toby Gerhart

I'm surprised they cut Todman over Storm Johnson, but Storm is 2 years younger and went to nearby UCF with their QB Bortles

2014 Jaguars, Yards From Scrimmage (Rush + Receiving)

706 - Denard Robinson

512 - Toby Gerhart

384 - Jordan Todman

82 - Storm Johnson (rookie)

2013 Jaguars, Yards From Scrimmage (Rush + Receiving)

1,117 - Maurice Jones-Drew

372 - Jordan Todman

82 - Justin Forsett (1,529 for BAL last year, Pro Bowl)

66 - Denard Robinson

None of those returned kicks for JAX, Todman was the one they used to return kicks each of the last two years. Going forward, I guess they could use Ace Sanders, who was their punt returner the last two years?

Going to quote this again so people pay special attention to it:

2013 Jaguars, Yards From Scrimmage

1,117 - Maurice Jones-Drew

372 - Jordan Todman

82 - Justin Forsett

66 - Denard Robinson

Forsett went on to have 1,529 yards from scrimmage for BAL last year and went to the Pro Bowl

in addition to all the above stats, consider the much better situation Todman is stepping into here:

PFF, Best Offensive Lines:

Panthers: #15 Run Blocking

Jaguars: #25 Run Blocking

Panthers: #7 Run Blocking

Jaguars: #32 Run Blocking

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/01/08/2014-pff-offensive-line-rankings/2/

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/

Jacksonville signed Gerhart to a contract last season and Dennard Robinson did well last year. Storm Johnson is younger and they just signed Pierce so I could see why Todman slipped through the cracks. After all you don't get as bad as the Jags without doing a bad job at keeping talent.

Archived