• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers top 5 draft targets

Jeremy Igo

Gurley would barely get touches and we don't need a RB now, and Collins is an overrated box safety.

We need receivers and an OT.

I agree that we need a #2 WR and help at OT, but you really think that Gurley would "barely get any touches"?  LOL!  We're one inevitable Stewart injury away from Fozzy Whitaker being our bell cow RB.  Gurley would get plenty of carries.

I agree that we need a #2 WR and help at OT, but you really think that Gurley would "barely get any touches"? LOL! We're one inevitable Stewart injury away from Fozzy Whitaker being our bell cow RB. Gurley would get plenty of carries.

I'm not into drafting RB in the 1st round anymore because the position is devalued. . I also don't like the fact you're drafting a RB in the 1st round to be in a commitee. . Are you getting value out of him in his rookie deal when he is in a commitee backfield. . Then it's time to sign him to a new deal and the 3-4 year shelf life kicks in.. I just don't see the value in a 1st round RB anymore. .

I'm not into drafting RB in the 1st round anymore because the position is devalued. . I also don't like the fact you're drafting a RB in the 1st round to be in a commitee. . Are you getting value out of him in his rookie deal when he is in a commitee backfield. . Then it's time to sign him to a new deal and the 3-4 year shelf life kicks in.. I just don't see the value in a 1st round RB anymore. .

I don't really think the position is devalued all that much to be honest.  Top RB free agents are still getting paid big-time deals.  Yeah, people point to no RBs going in the 1st round the last two drafts, but in hindsight, I bet that Le'Veon Bell, Eddie Lacy, and Jeremy Hill would be 1st round picks if those drafts were re-done.

Why weren't they?

They were all 4.6+ type guys.  There were concerns about their NFL speed.  Bell in particular has re-shaped himself as a pro.

Gurley would've be in a committee for long.  This is almost certainly Stew's last season in Carolina.  Gettleman spent a high pick on a DE in last year's draft knowing that Hardy was playing his last season as a Panther and it wouldn't surprise me if he did the same on a RB this year knowing the same about Stew.

I remember a certain other Freak RB that came out of Oklahoma similar the same way.  Never played a full healthy season there.  

Only thing that scares me about Gurley is ACL.  

If Im not mistaken, Gurley was injured a good portion of his time at GA, even if he did still play through those injuries. If it were up to me, I'd take Ajayi in the second.

I remember a certain other Freak RB that came out of Oklahoma similar the same way. Never played a full healthy season there.

Only thing that scares me about Gurley is ACL.

ACL injuries are not the same anymore. Technology has Improved and rehabilitation has improved to strengthen those area of concerns for players now. It's definitely a risk to take any player with a injury like that or a injury history. But it's not like it's a Marcus Lattimore situation with critical damage done to that area. I think Gurley will regain form and do well at the next level. Whether he's on the Panthers doing that or not. I would love to have Gurley in the backfield with Cam!

Their is value if he performs like Bell and Eddie Lacy then nobody would complain. Those two guys played a huge role in getting their team to the playoffs especially Levon Bell. If Todd Gurley can come in and preform at a high level he will do the same for us and give us the flexibility to move on from Stewart next season.

do the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl without Lynch? do win the last one if the hand the ball to lynch? the position isn't devalued, but it has changed to allow a back to last more than 2 years.

They like him. He may be a reach at 25 though. He isn't much of a pass rusher. He is probably the best run defense end in the draft though.

I think his potential is off the charts ... especially on this line. Id say he's a first rounder but I'm no where near the evaluator that Gettlemen is of course. I could see him having a "kony ealy" like fall out of the first though. If he is there at our pick in the second ..he's ours. But then again Ogbuehi may still be around. If he is there the only way we don't draft him is if we picked Gurley in the first. I doubt we'd spend 2 top end picks on ACL guys. Maybe one but not two.

I don't really think the position is devalued all that much to be honest. Top RB free agents are still getting paid big-time deals. Yeah, people point to no RBs going in the 1st round the last two drafts, but in hindsight, I bet that Le'Veon Bell, Eddie Lacy, and Jeremy Hill would be 1st round picks if those drafts were re-done.

Why weren't they?

They were all 4.6+ type guys. There were concerns about their NFL speed. Bell in particular has re-shaped himself as a pro.

Gurley would've be in a committee for long. This is almost certainly Stew's last season in Carolina. Gettleman spent a high pick on a DE in last year's draft knowing that Hardy was playing his last season as a Panther and it wouldn't surprise me if he did the same on a RB this year knowing the same about Stew.

This coaching staff as long as they are here want a commitee approach to the RB.. So as long as Rivera is here thr commitee system will be here..

do the Seahawks make it to the Super Bowl without Lynch? do win the last one if the hand the ball to lynch? the position isn't devalued, but it has changed to allow a back to last more than 2 years.

They didn't draft Lynch and they have paid him below value for years.. So it's worth it to them..

Has AP taken his team anywhere? ?

I think teams with QB issues draft RB in the 1st round. .

Teams with Franchise QB'S save money on RB..

This coaching staff as long as they are here want a commitee approach to the RB.. So as long as Rivera is here thr commitee system will be here..

Over the last three seasons, our leading rusher at RB generally has about double the carries of the #2 guy.  Whether that's due to injury, effectiveness, or whatever, it is what it is.  That's not really a committee.  That's a clear starter and a #2.

Archived