• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers top 5 draft targets

Jeremy Igo

I've said this, and I really believe that Gurley will be the pick at 25.  I know it's not the pick some might want, but he can be an every down monster for us, and will allow us to move on from Stewarts contract sooner rather than later.  I've always said, with Gettleman, the talent has to exceed the value and Gurley will be just that.  I know the argument that the RB has been devalued, but that's part of the reason that we might really be able to get a guy like Gurley who just 3-4 seasons ago would be a no doubt top 5 pick.  I truly believe that Gettleman will take Gurley in the first, then move up a little in the second and try to get Fisher somewhere in the middle of the second.  We'll have the rest of the draft to address receiver (which is very deep), Safety and Corner. 

If we're interested in Gurley, I wonder how far behind in consideration Gordon is or what prospects they place between them outside of the aforementioned ones. 

I was expecting Gurley, Strong, Landon Collins, and Peat

Cedric though...interesting.

The enticing thing with Gurley is that he adds an entire new dimension to the offense but he could go early teens for all we know. 

I honestly think Dave, Ron and company want Gurley more than anyone. It's the vibes I have gotten. We have to be a solid run team and a player like that isn't always available to get. I could even see us trading up a little in the first to select him.

Shaq Thompson has said he wants to play LB at the next level, why do people want him as a SS- at best he is a coverage LB on third down

I use to want shaq but he does seem unwilling to play anything but LB in the league. Most guys say they'll do whatever a team needs.

i agree but looking at things in a vacuum isn't the best way. A lineman that big getting an ACL injury is a risk. Even if the probability everything turns out ok. Amini was not the same last year. He always struggled mentally but he never got manhandled as bad as we saw last year.

I think Gurley is going to be just fine though. Honestly I'll be happy with the pick either way because adding talent to this team is always fun. We'll see.

Yeah I was speaking more towards Gurley then the lineman. With that much weight its harder to come back from.

If Gurley is there, he'll be the pick.

Only chance he makes it that far down the board is if teams are concerned about how his recovery is going, though.

I expect him to be taken by a team like San Diego at #17.

Very good chance all of those first four are gone by our pick, same with Randy Gregory. With his injury I think Ogbuehi is a 2nd rounder, though I suppose he could be this year's JaWuan James and be gone even before our first pick. I still think we might be looking at trading up.

Archived