• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox playing conservative

Fan4life

IMO running out of shotgun works best when the team is a spread O type team like the Pats and the defense is set to defend the pass (i.e. in nickel) or in a situation where a pass is pretty much expected like when Henning called it in the SB right before the half and it wound up being a pretty long run that set them up for a FG IIRC.

Ok you dont think we have the options to do that now. Like on the last drive against S.D or when we was on comeback mode vs. ATL

IMO I think we can do it more instead of always doing it when we're in long situations. Having limited options running down the field followed by having to drop step back and look down field is one reason Jake gets sacked and end up fumbling or something

I seen us to do it enough times and it work to be convinced we can do it. IMO. Just seem we only do it when its time to catch up or something

Also, maybe I am remembering wrong and that was a draw play he called. But I could swear it was a shotgun run which IMO was a much better call in that situation. I think a back like Goodson might be good on those. It would seem that with his skills he may be viewed by defenses as more of a pass threat. I think it's something where they will have to have tendencies from a certain formation to set it up. It's not a staple play by any means, IMO.

Given how sorry our Defense will be, seems our best Defense will be a Conservative Run-First Offense. That can run down the field and eat up a ton of clock, keeping their Offense and our Defense off the field for as much of the game as possible.

granted it will be demoralizing to spend 8 minutes scoring, just to turn around and watch the other team score in a couple minutes on a much easier looking drive.

i have always disagreed with lack of flare in the play calling of the panthers..we run the ball way too much..we have a great run game but our offense is getting very predictable at the same time

I like when we throw on first down and its incomplete, you can guarentee we are running the next 2 plays. Thats been happening for years. Grow some nads and freakout the oposing D and throw it the next 2 plays...I've been saying it for years, I dont like this brand of football with the players we have but I cheer them on anyways. Fox just plays the situaltional odds that are presented and he wins them over 50 percent of the time.

Some of the people on this forum are ridiculous. We have the perfect personnel group to run the offense that we do, and we run it extremely well. I personally have no problem watching D-Will and J-Stew rage all over opposing defenses for thirty TD's and 2500 yards. I will never be upset seeing Delhomme and Smitty hook up for 60 yarders when defenses stack the box. Barring injury, the offense should be top ten this year and has the potential to be top five. Let's don't worry about the offense and whine about the defense instead.

i have always disagreed with lack of flare in the play calling of the panthers..we run the ball way too much..we have a great run game but our offense is getting very predictable at the same time
Yes the O is starting to get stale,but to make matters worse is that our D is flat out pathetic and this one DE that is being paid well over 1mil $/game is getting held up by rookies!:mad:

Archived