• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fox playing conservative

Fan4life

Why has Fox been playing conservative ? What would be the reason ? Why not play more aggressive? Why not go all out ? Why this team has no fire this year ? Why do we rush only 4 linemen all the time. Why when we blitz we get burned with the short pass ? Why is this team not tackling well ? Why have we not got a good backup DT.

Why this team has no fire this year?

Great question. Last year training camp felt much more special than this year. We was losing in 07, but at the end we fought and played hard. Which resulted in our fire last year. End of last year however, we declined, particularly defensively. Then in the playoffs we got a major whooping in front of our crowd. Now look at us

so in preseason we should be playing lights out throwing all our cards on the table?

during preseason all players should be going at 100% regardless of whether their roster spot is in jeopardy or not?

during preseason they should be throwing their bodies on the line playing with every bit of intensity that they would in regular season, risking injury?

in the preseason we should be running the same plays that we would be during the regular season?

why? so you could feel better about this team and not hit the panic button?

sorry....if it's a choice between letting you chicken littles ( :) @ RB) panic because you think that we are going to have a sucky year or letting this team hold back so that they can save the effort, their health, and the play calling...i'm going to have to say they are going to focus their attention on games that really matter.

just so it doesn't seem like i'm a blind homer who thinks that everything is fine and we are staring at a ring this year...the team has serious problems that need to be addressed but time to address them. i'm not going to start running around forecasting doom because i haven't seen what i want to from the team in preseason.

Why has Fox been playing conservative?

Why does the sun rise in the East?

Fox IS conservative. Something just are what they are. You can't expect Sean Payton to be Fox and you can't expect Fox to Payton.....probably somewhere inbetween is ideally where you would want your coach to be.

i have always disagreed with lack of flare in the play calling of the panthers..we run the ball way too much..we have a great run game but our offense is getting very predictable at the same time

its a frikkin run first team that had the 10th highest yards per game, 5th most yards per play, 7th most points, the most 20+ yard rushes, the most 40+ yard rushes, and a 12-4 regular season record.

we led the league n rushing TDs and came within 6 of the all time rushing TD record.

we were 3rd in rushing yards per game but 6th in attempts.

we had the the the fewest offensive fumbles of any team, and were 21stin time of possession.

point of all of that. the panthers running game is better than most offenses out there and among the very best, if not the best, running game out there. they do one thing better than most and aren't afraid to do it. they do it without making many mistakes, they keep the ball safe, and they do it quickly because so few can stop them.

how in the world can you complain about that?

messed up in the playoff game because they deviated from that. they went to the passing game which messed the team up. you call going to a passing game a conservative approach? i sure don't. they gambled and lost on that one.

would you rather the panthers have an offense like that of the saints? it's sure worked well for them, hasn't it?

I have no problem with the running. I understand we're a run first team. But there are some flaws

1. Sometimes we run when we shouldn't run. Whether conservative or aggressive, key to being a good coach is knowing when you should or shouldn't

2. My main problem is the passing game. Sometimes I question if our coaching staff trusts Jake. If we dont, why did we resign him. We run the same i-formation play action 2 receiver set when throwing. Why dont we spread it out much more. Times change. Look around the league, I think we're the only team that rarely use shotgun

I have no problem with the running. I understand we're a run first team. But there are some flaws

1. Sometimes we run when we shouldn't run. Whether conservative or aggressive, key to being a good coach is knowing when you should or shouldn't

2. My main problem is the passing game. Sometimes I question if our coaching staff trusts Jake. If we dont, why did we resign him. We run the same i-formation play action 2 receiver set when throwing. Why dont we spread it out much more. Times change. Look around the league, I think we're the only team that rarely use shotgun

have to get a new coach then.....the Giants run a lot of similar stuff on offense up there. Fox is old school, he ain't gonna change his stripes. The shotgun isn't a good formation to run out of....no reason to see lots of it.

Archived