• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarrett Boykin Info

Jeremy Igo

Oh god...we're in "necro" mode now?

this is my one time to shine let me have this......

But seriously everyone discounted this kid as a camp body, started as the 7th or 8th WR on the roster and is showing he can be more than a ST ace and that the glimpse in GB wasn't a fluke

Hey,  man,  I had to get a lot of people straight about Boykin in this thread. The OP was really unfair. 

Lol as if a preseason game going against 2s and 3s is making some point like he's going to be "the next Moose or Smitty." Oh lord. Corey had a better game than Boykin. You may think I'm not being objective, but the film don't lie. 1 bad drop, which pissed me off beyond belief but other than that he was great. In the endzone the ball was tipped and no receiver in the league would've reacted fast enough to catch that. Just a great play by the defender. He was wide open on 3 other plays and Cam missed him on 1 and didn't look for him on the other 2. All against their 1s.

Thomas,  after talking poo about Byrd last night,  and this tonight,  I am worried about you. 

Boykin has played himself away from the bubble tonight.  The only thing that Brown has done is prove why he is no better than the rest of the pack. 

Good grief, man.  It's not about a name,  it's about their game. 

Lol as if a preseason game going against 2s and 3s is making some point like he's going to be "the next Moose or Smitty." Oh lord. Corey had a better game than Boykin. You may think I'm not being objective, but the film don't lie. 1 bad drop, which pissed me off beyond belief but other than that he was great. In the endzone the ball was tipped and no receiver in the league would've reacted fast enough to catch that. Just a great play by the defender. He was wide open on 3 other plays and Cam missed him on 1 and didn't look for him on the other 2. All against their 1s.

If you read my post history, no on expects him to be the next Moose or Smith. I posted earlier he could be a very solid #3 who contributes to ST (all parts of it) compared to some players that are in the same group (Cotch Bersin etc). 

He showed flashes tonight which is more than any other WR has done this entire preseason not named Benjamin. Say what you will, but when the lights come on he has taken his opportunity and ran with it.

Thomas,  after talking poo about Byrd last night,  and this tonight,  I am worried about you. 

Boykin has played himself away from the bubble tonight.  The only thing that Brown has done is prove why he is no better than the rest of the pack. 

Good grief, man.  It's not about a name,  it's about their game. 

This.  I know Igo is all about the guy and everyone wants the guy to be a good NFL WR for us, but the reality is that he went undrafted for a reason.  He is undersized and despite this myth about his blazing speed, he has fairly average speed for an NFL WR.  He's quick more than he's fast, which isn't uncommon for a small WR and he brings nothing on special teams.

I'm not saying Brown can't make it in the NFL, I'm just saying if that we're counting on him to be one of our top three WRs, that ain't good.

The bottom line is that without KB, we have a roster full of WRs who would be at most #3s on most teams and would probably be borderline to make the roster.  That's the reality.

The recent history of this thread is the very definition of overreacting to preseason performance. Should've expected it on the Huddle. 

Its the second game. There is only 1 more game left where we basically see the "starters". Boykin has earned a spot next week to go in as a #3 WR. He shown more flashes than Bersin, Cotch, Byrd etc and can still play ST. That's the versatility that they want on the roster (ex. Remmers playing C) 

I brought this thread up not because I expect Boykin to be our #1 WR this year, it's because literally everyone on this board was "super bowl?!?" with Boykin or "camp body" or "he's not Greg Jennings" we signed him to a 1 year pretty much vet minimum and he hard earned that spot this year.

Its the second game. There is only 1 more game left where we basically see the "starters". Boykin has earned a spot next week to go in as a #3 WR. He shown more flashes than Bersin, Cotch, Byrd etc and can still play ST. That's the versatility that they want on the roster (ex. Remmers playing C) 

I brought this thread up not because I expect Boykin to be our #1 WR this year, it's because literally everyone on this board was "super bowl?!?" with Boykin or "camp body" or "he's not Greg Jennings" we signed him to a 1 year pretty much vet minimum and he hard earned that spot this year.

Funchess, Brown, Cotchery, Bersin, Ginn have all showed significantly more than him this entire offseason. One game with a couple catches against 3rd stringers hasn't earned him a spot. Unbelievable. If we keep 6 he may get the spot over Byrd or Mike Brown but realize that's just because KB went down. If KB were healthy Boykin wouldn't make it. And I still have my money on him not making it even with the spot opening up.

Archived