• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarrett Boykin Info

Jeremy Igo

A good candidate as a Ricky Proehl project. If Rivera thinks Hill is ready to step up, Ricky needs a new project and maybe Boykin is it. Not a bad idea, competition is good.

Competition makes better players. At the beginning of the offseason I thought Mike Brown had a chance of making the team but now I don't even know if Brown and Cotchery will be on the final roster. I assume we will draft a WR in the first few rounds so we will have a lot of young guys trying to keep a job. Unless we keep 6 WR we will see someone from last year get cut.

When he was at VT, the size of his hands was a thing of legend. Manufacturers couldn't make them big enough. I think he was wearing like a 4 or 5X glove. There were articles written about the size if his paws and I'm sure they're still available online.

I remember either the Duke or UNC game his senior year the sideline showed what he was wearing, it was like two torn gloves morphed into one just so he could wear it. They are massive.

I posted in the other thread and maybe its the hokie bias that I have but I like the signing. I was tweeting Frank Garcia and the other guys at 610 about him and they wanted to hear nothing of it.

The kid can play ST. He has registered 3 FF, 2 FR, 1 TD and 7 Tackles on Special Teams. How many WR UDFA do you know of that have done that on special teams? Frank teaches ST himself up at Tech and makes it a point of emphasis that anyone can fill in on ST no matter your role.

On top of his special teams ability, he has shown flashes of being a capable WR in the leauge. Like other posted, in 2013 he had almost 700 yards and 50 catches for 3 TDs. Don't forget that qas the season Aaron Rodgers was hurt. He had Matt Flynn and Sennaca Wallace throwing the ball to him. Throw that myth out that Rodgers was throwing him open that year.

At Virginia Tech he is the all time leader in Receptions and Yards. Beating out players like Andre Davis, Eddie Royal (the one people were having orgasms about signing this off season), Antonio Freeman. (Frank Garcia tried to point out that Armanti Edwards was an all american to this arguement but didnt mention his pro career)

Am I expecting Boykin to come in and be the next Moose or Steve Smith? Would that be amazing? Yes. Realistically he could out produce Bersin or Corey Brown and also be a ST ace. He will be on the disadvantage of coming in learning a new system and proving he belongs compared to being established like those guys. In my book Id rather have a 3rd/4th WR that can also produce on ST compared to a guy who is only a 3rd/4th WR.

I remember either the Duke or UNC game his senior year the sideline showed what he was wearing, it was like two torn gloves morphed into one just so he could wear it. They are massive.

I posted in the other thread and maybe its the hokie bias that I have but I like the signing. I was tweeting Jeff Garcia and the other guys at 610 about him and they wanted to hear nothing of it.

The kid can play ST. He has registered 3 FF, 2 FR, 1 TD and 7 Tackles on Special Teams. How many WR UDFA do you know of that have done that on special teams? Frank teaches ST himself up at Tech and makes it a point of emphasis that anyone can fill in on ST no matter your role.

On top of his special teams ability, he has shown flashes of being a capable WR in the leauge. Like other posted, in 2013 he had almost 700 yards and 50 catches for 3 TDs. Don't forget that qas the season Aaron Rodgers was hurt. He had Matt Flynn and Sennaca Wallace throwing the ball to him. Throw that myth out that Rodgers was throwing him open that year.

At Virginia Tech he is the all time leader in Receptions and Yards. Beating out players like Andre Davis, Eddie Royal (the one people were having orgasms about signing this off season), Antonio Freeman. (Frank Garcia tried to point out that Armanti Edwards was an all american to this arguement but didnt mention his pro career)

Am I expecting Boykin to come in and be the next Moose or Steve Smith? Would that be amazing? Yes. Realistically he could out produce Bersin or Corey Brown and also be a ST ace. He will be on the disadvantage of coming in learning a new system and proving he belongs compared to being established like those guys. In my book Id rather have a 3rd/4th WR that can also produce on ST compared to a guy who is only a 3rd/4th WR.

Excellent post. Full of info I didn't know. Mostly bc I hate VT bc they have The Us number ever since Vick.

Archived