• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarrett Boykin Info

Jeremy Igo

I'll say this. The kid has tree limbs hanging from his shoulders.

CBHzegCUwAAd3iG.jpg

May not mean much for catching the ball, but for special teams...

When he was at VT, the size of his hands was a thing of legend. Manufacturers couldn't make them big enough. I think he was wearing like a 4 or 5X glove. There were articles written about the size if his paws and I'm sure they're still available online.

1. KB

2. FA/Draft Pick

3. Ginn

4. Philly

5. Hill/Boykin/Cotch/Bersin.

If we bring in Jennings, Cotchery is gone IMO as he takes over the vet role. So, the 5th spot (unless we keep 6), will come down to who has the better camp...Hill, Boykin, Bersin. And if we draft 2 WRs, something I've wanted all along, cuts are going to get real interesting with all the meh at WR.

Philly isn't secured a spot??

He needs to be down in the competition for a job as well. .

When he was at VT, the size of his hands was a thing of legend. Manufacturers couldn't make them big enough. I think he was wearing like a 4 or 5X glove. There were articles written about the size if his paws and I'm sure they're still available online.

Holy poo 10.25 in hands!!!!

I think with so many 2 yr deals we signed guys to this offseason, Boykin's one year deal hints strongly at the idea that, regardless of what is said publicly, he is here to compete for any spot. Not even a lock for ST. That's not to say I don't think he'll make it. I have no idea but I love giving him a try. I don't think it affects our offer for Jennings in the slightest. Unless of course we just used some money from the Jennings proposal to sign Boykins...but I doubt that.

Who throws a more receiver friendly ball... Newton or Rodgers?

If Boykin had drops in Green Bay.... It may not be fixed here. Pulling for the kid, hopes not up.

Also Rodgers might be the best in the league at throwing receivers open. What this guy lacks in speed he seems to make up for with positioning.

Philly isn't secured a spot??

He needs to be down in the competition for a job as well. .

Confused here...outrage Philly isn't secured a spot, when I gave him one? Or just throwing a couple question marks at the end of a statement? But then saying he needs to be down in the competition for a job...I'll go with you meaning the latter. 

IMO, I think he showed off enough last year as a WR, not to be cut in favor of Bersin, Cotch, or even a guy like Hill unless he's made dramatic strides. He showed some promise at WR, and was Cam's deep ball option. Ginn will help there, but he and his alligator arms aren't a great deep ball threat either. No chance he gets cut in my mind unless we draft a couple of studs.

And that's not saying I think Philly is even a good option right now...it's just what we're working with. 

Archived