• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jarrett Boykin Info

Jeremy Igo

Well, it doesn't make a Jennings signing look more likely.

I was never a fan of signing Jennings...he probably still costs too much money and I would rather see us draft a badass WR. If last years WR class is any indication, it's that rookies are coming into the NFL ready to contribute right away. As for Boykin, it sounds like a training camp body

Crazy bottom of the chart depth to sort through....

KB13

Brown

Ginn

Cotchery

Boykin

Bersin

Hill

Lucas

Preseley

Mike Brown

Add in an early WR and maybe a 7th round / UDFA flyer and camp cuts will be crazy.  If they sign Jennings, then you would have to think Cotch & Bersin are out immediately. Unless Hill performs well this summer, he could be gone before Lucas. Have to think that the same goes for Preseley and Mike Brown, though Boykin could be this year's Underwood. 

I'd hate to be the one to weed through all of that fodder down there.

It means a lot being from the area and having the opportunity to come back and get a chance to play for the Panthers,” Boykin said. “But at the end of the day, it still boils down to how I go about my business on the field. I have to prove myself all over again.

“I’m grateful for the opportunity the Panthers are giving me. I’m going to come in here and bust my tail,” Boykin said. “I’m trying to re-establish my identity and get back to being the player I know I can be.

Boykin, 25, originally signed on with the Jaguars as undrafted free agent out of Virginia Tech back in 2012. He later caught on with the Packers after he was waived by Jacksonville a month after the signed him.

In 2014, Boykin appeared in 13 games for Green Bay and caught three passes for 23 yards receiving and no touchdowns.

2013 season was Boykin's most productive. Injuries to Randall Cobb and James Jones, as well as the departure of Greg Jennings in free agency allowed Boykin to play in all 16 games and start 8 of them. He had career highs in receptions (49), receiving yards (681) and receiving TDs (three). 

He was in the same draft as Brentin Berson as well , But I dont recall Berson ever putting up anywhere near 681 yards and 3td in a year  for us 

So you think this rules out the Jennings possiblity?

I don't think it affects their interest in Jennings at all.

The offer for Boykin was already on the table when they called Jennings, but more to the point those two play very different roles.

1. KB

2. FA/Draft Pick

3. Ginn

4. Philly

5. Hill/Boykin/Cotch/Bersin. 

If we bring in Jennings, Cotchery is gone IMO as he takes over the vet role. So, the 5th spot (unless we keep 6), will come down to who has the better camp...Hill, Boykin, Bersin. And if we draft 2 WRs, something I've wanted all along, cuts are going to get real interesting with all the meh at WR. 

You could have made a Fox News like sensationalist title to get people pumped for Boykin. Which sounds better? "Carolina Panthers sign Jarret Boykin" Or "Carolina Panthers sign WR with same 40 time as NFL legend Jerry Rice!" See, marketing 101 bro

He don't care about No marketing , He want even give out Bumper Stickers  :startle:

Archived