• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

• 1 month later...

I believe Greene was the better receiver also, but I like how they compensate each other. Chemistry is very important. I wouldn't mind Hardy being picked also.

Chemistry is very important and Greene and KB make a great duo.

If we get Hardy then I believe he has a shot of beating out Funchess as our #2.

We may not even draft a WR, depending on how much faith they have in Corey Brown and Stephen Hill.

Austin Sheperd - OT/OG - Alabama

6'4 315lbs

I really like this kid the more I look at him, and its not just his beard....

2552495.jpg

By now you know what I look for in offensive linemen. Big mean guys from legit football programs. Well, Sheperd fits that bill nicely. 

He isn't a prototype physical specimen, but I don't care. He makes up for it  in instincts, timing, and technique. Some have him listed as a tackle but I see him as a solid guard at first. His arms may not be long enough to be a tackle in the NFL. He started every game for Bama at right tackle in 2014, so I am guessing he could be used there in an emergency for the Panthers. 

Sheperd would immediately give Chris Scott and Amini Silatolu a run for their money at backup guard. Not bad for a late 5th rounder. 

Heh :D

Austin Sheppard, TJ Clemmings, Daryl Williams or Tyrus Thompson? Who would be the better choice?

I love Daryl Williams but Clemmings could turn out to be a stud but will take a few years to develop. Clemmings could be a bust because he is so raw. Sheppard offers versatility and has a lot of experience but could he not be athletic enough for the NFL?

Usually a offensive linemen with good technique ends up being a better player than the guy who is athletically gifted with potential.

Archived