• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

As Previously stated I am an ECU homer.

Having said that, I'm willing to make an internet bet with Zod himself that Hardy won't make it all the way to the 5th. 

The biggest knocks against him are his measurables, but he runs GREAT routes and has amazing hands. He is more quick than he is fast and he would make a GREAT slot receiver. 3rd round, 4th at the latest, but no way he goes in the 5th. 

Pie for the flypaper for hands. Don't know why but it made me lol. Is Frank Alexander near me because I have giggles and munchies. Speaking of pie, man I would love tohave a pumpkin or sweet potato pie right about now........

Mmmmmm.....pie

I really like Hardy's story. He went from being a walk-on to breaking the all-time NCAA receptions record. I could him playing a Julian Edelman type role somewhere. Solid route runner with great hands. Sneaky quickness after the catch.

Something to be said about a guy with that kind of work ethic and progression. He is the epitome of the type of player the Panthers covet.

With WRs, it's simple, if they produced in college at a huge level, then they can produce to some degree in the NFL. Especially if they are superb route runners with descent hands.

He does seem to be this year's Kenaan Allen and Jordan Matthews! I would not be upset if a third was spent on him, or even a 2nd. Outside of Cooper and White, the WR class seems to be hit or miss and that includes Parker IMO. I would group Parker, Smith, and Hardy in the second tier of WRs, then everyone else

Hardy is a very good route runner and showed no fear going over the middle to make a grab. He has excellent hands and is strong after the catch. He has plenty of motivation. 
As a former walk-on coming out of a non-Power Five league, Just listing to Hardy he feels like he has something to prove. Hardy is the FBS all-time leader in catches. 

Hardy recorded 121 catches, 1,494 yards, and 10 scores this season. If Hardy could be had in the latter rounds i think he would be a hell of a pick up for us , Seems like a good young man on and off the filed and wants to to be the best he can be in the Nfl .. We would be a fool not to take him in the 4th if he is there , hell take him in the 3rd if he is still on the board,, Hardy has a lot of heart he is going to do good in the Nfl 

Bill Voth – BlackandBlueReview.com
The Panthers scouts attended the East Carolina Pro Day, mainly to get an up close look at WR Justin Hardy.  
Hardy is a mid-round prospect, **that could go as soon as the early third-round.**

What about a ham sandwich?

If Hardy Lasts until the 5th round, I will film myself making the sandwiches and hand delivering them to you and Zod on the day of your choosing, at any specified location. I will even throw in chips and a drink.

But only if you live in Charlotte too. 

Austin Sheperd - OT/OG - Alabama

6'4 315lbs

I really like this kid the more I look at him, and its not just his beard....

By now you know what I look for in offensive linemen. Big mean guys from legit football programs. Well, Sheperd fits that bill nicely. 

He isn't a prototype physical specimen, but I don't care. He makes up for it  in instincts, timing, and technique. Some have him listed as a tackle but I see him as a solid guard at first. His arms may not be long enough to be a tackle in the NFL. He started every game for Bama at right tackle in 2014, so I am guessing he could be used there in an emergency for the Panthers. 

Sheperd would immediately give Chris Scott and Amini Silatolu a run for their money at backup guard. Not bad for a late 5th rounder. 

Sheperd is definitely an interesting prospect.  He's built in the mold of a Bitonio or Bakthiari and I think could be an emergency tackle if need be.  Could be a great depth signing. 

Quayshawn Nealy out of GT is one to keep an eye on.  He's a really instinctive LB and would fit well in our system. 

Another linemen to take note of would be Rob Crisp.  I think he could go anywhere from 4-7.  He really just needs to go through an NFL strength and conditioning program and he'd be a good asset at either side. 

If Hardy Lasts until the 5th round, I will film myself making the sandwiches and hand delivering them to you and Zod on the day of your choosing, at any specified location. I will even throw in chips and a drink.

But only if you live in Charlotte too.

You got it wrong, my friend. Look again. You're preaching to the choir on this one.

Serious question.

In the NFL, would that Hardy TD gif you posted be considered a TD or a drop ala Calvin Johnson rule? Because technically he didn't maintain the ball throughout the action of a catch or whatever the hell the league always says to explain it.

Archived