• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Throwback Thursday....

Jeremy Igo

Ahem you guys.

Back to Zods question. It should be 2008 because that summer's training camp and preseason was the only time Jeff Otah and Stanely McClover were on the team together. Stanley didn't make the final cut after the last preseason game of '08.

I already posted 2008. Right after the OP

He still needs to improve on his Man coverage especially down field against TEs but besides that I dont see many problems with his game

I bet Tony Gonzoles would beg to differ. I still have that beautiful INT Luke caught against Gonzo burned in my mind. The one from '13 at home against the Falcons?

Pep Mills Minter could go on and on

mills played here for three years.  why not claim reggie white as the greatest panther defender of all time too?

minter was good but he wasn't winning dpoy and being named a first team all pro at 22 years old

it's a two horse race between pep and luke.  don't kid yourself.

mills played here for three years. why not claim reggie white as the greatest panther defender of all time too?

minter was good but he wasn't winning dpoy and being named a first team all pro at 22 years old

it's a two horse race between pep and luke. don't kid yourself.

With only one of the two being known for (frequently) taking plays off.

Not to mention the time when Beason famously said "I know, we'll talk to him" because another teammate watching Jared Allen on Monday night was asking why Peppers wasn't dominant like him.

Luke Keuchly is off to a better start to his career than anyone who has ever played for the Panthers. That's Peppers included. We can talk about Peps athletic gifts all you want but Luke has all the desired talent you could ask for in a MLB so I don't see that being relevant.

I loved Peppers when he was here. But there were times when there was more to be desired with him. That hasn't happened with Luke yet. He also is still very young into his career. Luke, Peppers, and Jenkins are probably the most talented defenders we've ever fielded. Who's going to have the best career? Thus far Luke is on his way to a HOF lock. Peppers will get in because he was one of the most talented players ever. But not because the was the very best. Luke is both.

I was talking more impactful. Skill level we all know Pep in his prime is better than anyone to ever lace them up. With that being said, Luke isin't that far off but he is still not in the same conversation in my honest opinion.

Peppers was an absolute beast. No one is gonna debate that. But the argument against Peppers is actually similar to the knock that people have against Cam. He is so ridiculously athletic that he relies on his natural ability maybe too much at times. Cam does it. Peppers was/is guilty of it too.

That's kind of a reach though.

If you sent two linemen to the second level after a linebacker, you'd be leaving either a center or a guard alone to handle both defensive tackles or trusting a back to help.

That's a recipe for getting your quarterback killed.

I'm not saying double-team the MLB. It's the concept of having to alter your game plan and blocking scheme to specifically account for a single player.

For DL, that usually means double teams. For an LB, it means someone being assigned directly to him, thereby impacting the entire scheme. Different form, same general effect.

I bet Tony Gonzoles would beg to differ. I still have that beautiful INT Luke caught against Gonzo burned in my mind. The one from '13 at home against the Falcons?

Yeah I remember that, that was a great play. He's still good in man coverage it's just the one area he has the most room to improve  

Archived