• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Throwback Thursday....

Jeremy Igo

I'd say game planning for an MLB is the equivalent, and they do that to Luke.

That's kind of a reach though.

If you sent two linemen to the second level after a linebacker, you'd be leaving either a center or a guard alone to handle both defensive tackles or trusting a back to help.

That's a recipe for getting your quarterback killed.

Uh the way Luke played this year... he has a WAYS to go to catch up to JP in his prime. You guys are still salty he left when we didn't respect him with our bullshit offer 

Making him the highest played Defensive Player in the game (at the time) was a "bullshit offer"?

And yes....Luke is a better player on a more consistent basis than Peppers was. I would argue TD is as well.

Uh the way Luke played this year... he has a WAYS to go to catch up to JP in his prime. You guys are still salty he left when we didn't respect him with our bullshit offer

Luke still led the league in tackles last season.

Funny though, I remember Peppers having a season where he got two sacks all year.

How many times did Peppers go up against a no name LT and there was discussion on this very board about how oh man this is gonna be the game that Pep gets 6 sacks and his stat line finished with like 1 tackle?

You can say Peppers was the most athletic defensive player in Panthers history, but that and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.

And I'm a huge Peppers fanboy. My dogs name is Julius for fugs sake.

We all know how good Luke is but he is far from perfect (coverage etc.) It is absurd to say he means more to this team than Pep did. Remember how terrible the defense was at the beginning of the year? Yeah Luke was apart of the problem not the solution.

Pretty ignorant logic given that Peppers has actually been part of poor defensive units on two separate teams (Panthers and Bears).

My word, you suck at this :lol:

Ahem you guys.

Back to Zods question. It should be 2008 because that summer's training camp and preseason was the only time Jeff Otah and Stanely McClover were on the team together. Stanley didn't make the final cut after the last preseason game of '08.

Archived