• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Captains - My Best Photo of the Year

Jeremy Igo

Michael,

My wife Debbie volunteers every week at our son's school (she also runs the Brookhaven swim team, so you probably know who she is) and says that it always makes her day when she sees Jake in the hallway  He always has a smile on his face and always has all of the other kids laughing.

You have a fantastic and stong little guy there.

See you around the neighborhood.

Thanks so much for the kind words! And I do know who your wife is as we have spoken on a couple of occasions. Hope to meet you sometime.

See you around the neighborhood.

I know Jake from MDA Summer Camp. Very cool that this is getting attention on the Huddle. I've been volunteering with MDA and working with people with DMD for about 18 years and more meaningful advances in treatment have been made in recent years than ever before. The tide is turning. The big pharma companies won't invest their R&D dollars in these diseases because they're relatively rare, so every bit of money helps immensely. Volunteering your time with MDA is another area I strongly recommend if you're able. Thanks for posting this, Jeremy!

Small world! Jake loves the MDA Summer Camp! It truly is the best week of the year. I am always so touched by the volunteers at the camp to give their time to make that week special for these boys. Thank you sir!

• 2 months later...

Archived