• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Captains - My Best Photo of the Year

Jeremy Igo

Thanks so much Jeremy for taking this picture. It couldn't be more perfect. Jake takes everyone up to his room to show the picture to them.

He is a huge Panthers fan, so much though that he lemented not being able to meet Graham Gano and Brad Nortman on the day he was a Captain. He has recently been upset that De'andre Presley would possibly not be back if the Panthers draft a WR. I was like "who??"

Anyway, word got back to Graham Gano about Jake missing meeting him and he sent Jake his signed jersey. I couldn't be a more proud to be a Panther fan!

Also thanks for asking about the 5k that we do each year. The website is down and being updated for 2015 but it is www.brookhavenfamilyrun.com all the proceeds go to PPMD in an effort to find a cure or even a treatment for these boys. Currently there is no cure or treatment but there are promising Rx being developed.

Michael,

My wife Debbie volunteers every week at our son's school (she also runs the Brookhaven swim team, so you probably know who she is) and says that it always makes her day when she sees Jake in the hallway  He always has a smile on his face and always has all of the other kids laughing.

You have a fantastic and stong little guy there.

See you around the neighborhood.

I know Jake from MDA Summer Camp. Very cool that this is getting attention on the Huddle. I've been volunteering with MDA and working with people with DMD for about 18 years and more meaningful advances in treatment have been made in recent years than ever before. The tide is turning. The big pharma companies won't invest their R&D dollars in these diseases because they're relatively rare, so every bit of money helps immensely. Volunteering your time with MDA is another area I strongly recommend if you're able. Thanks for posting this, Jeremy!

Archived